Isle of Ireland

Amadeus

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

How can they be unsure if it was filmed here or not. Can’t the “journalist” call the production company or the DfE and check? 

If it was truly filmed here Rob Callister would have published selfie pics of him and the stars of the show and it would be plastered all over Facebook, Instagram and TickTock. 

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Did you not read the article. It says filmed in Ireland.

I read the article and it clearly says in the BBC story that they don’t know if it was filmed in the IOM. There is then a separate article from the Radio Times where it says it was filmed in Ireland. So they either did know or couldn’t be arsed fact checking,  Did you not notice it’s two separate stories?

Edited by offshoremanxman

32 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

You know Star Wars wasn't actually filmed in space, right? Imagine the furore if we spent any more public money on Hollywood dreams. #cantwin

It's still disappointing that a TV show set on the Isle of Man, wasn't filmed here. I think there might be scope for a Scandi-Noir type series set here that shows the Island and it's culture off. 

Part of the problem with the previous film industry here is it didn't really impact Manx Culture or reflect it at all. We were just a sound-stage for hire and the taxpayers financed it. But that's a long way from facilitating and hosting the filming of an ITV drama that's set here. 

It's probably that the Govt are risk adverse to anything "film" related after what's gone on. That's understandable, but this is a missed opportunity none-the-less. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Declan said:

I think there might be scope for a Scandi-Noir type series set here that shows the Island and it's culture off. 

Mindhorn … the series. Id be up for that. 

Or perhaps - “Crellin” a series in which jaded washed up alcoholic police inspector Brian Crellin uncovers a people trafficking ring operating in Colby which opens the doors on a secret criminal underworld in the IOM that puts his life immediately in danger. Crellin drives a 1958 Morris Minor estate and has a bitter ex wife who left him to live with the Chief Inspector who is constantly on his back trying to get him sacked, and two estranged children one of whom is a Peel drag queen embroiled in a controversial new teaching programme, the other a lesbian who lives in Foxdale with the daughter of his former best friend from Ballakermeen.

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Haha 12

7 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I read the article and it clearly says in the BBC story that they don’t know if it was filmed in the IOM. There is then a separate article from the Radio Times where it says it was filmed in Ireland. So they either did know or couldn’t be arsed fact checking,  Did you not notice it’s two separate stories?

I read the one that Amadeus posted right at the start of the thread which is from 3fm. It sounds very certain. I believe that one more than one that says "they are not sure"

• Like 1