Full day/s at April Tynwald coming up

Moghrey Mie

12 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

I think the Southern MHKs need to set up a Whatapp Group

12. The Hon. Member for Rushen, Dr Haywood, to ask the Minister for Education, Sport and Culture –

What progress has been made since December 2022 with the plans to replace Castle Rushen High School.

13. The Hon. Member for Rushen, Mr Speaker, to ask the Minister for Education, Sport and Culture –

If she will provide an update on the replacement Castle Rushen High School.

14.The Hon. Member for Arbory, Castletown and Malew, Mr Glover, to ask the Minister for Education, Sport and Culture –

What the proposed timeline is for the development of the new Castle Rushen High School and Southern Regional Pool.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

12. The Hon. Member for Rushen, Dr Haywood, to ask the Minister for Education, Sport and Culture –

What progress has been made since December 2022 with the plans to replace Castle Rushen High School.

13. The Hon. Member for Rushen, Mr Speaker, to ask the Minister for Education, Sport and Culture –

14.The Hon. Member for Arbory, Castletown and Malew, Mr Glover, to ask the Minister for Education, Sport and Culture –

What the proposed timeline is for the development of the new Castle Rushen High School and Southern Regional Pool.

Well it's called lobbying. Southern MHKs have always been good at single issue politics

• Like 1

Glovers other question is interesting though.

10. The Hon. Member for Arbory, Castletown and Malew, Mr Glover, to ask the Minister for Justice and Home Affairs – 

How many threats to staff working in education and health settings have been referred to the police since 1st January 2023, and how many investigations have been opened.

That’s a very specific date covering the period of the Peel school witch hunt. Suggests that at least one nutter has been referred on to the constabulary. 

4 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Glovers other question is interesting though.

10. The Hon. Member for Arbory, Castletown and Malew, Mr Glover, to ask the Minister for Justice and Home Affairs – 

How many threats to staff working in education and health settings have been referred to the police since 1st January 2023, and how many investigations have been opened.

That’s a very specific date covering the period of the Peel school witch hunt. Suggests that at least one nutter has been referred on to the constabulary. 

Or he doesn't believe the claims made by Education that threats have been received?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Looks coordinated to me. If my knowledge says anything, they're covering different angles. Seems to be the same question, but put differently to avoid any cop out answers.

the Clerk of Tynwald should have advised that there is  a similar question already  on the paper no point in being repetitive , the other members can always ask supplementary questions ,  touch of the Over Kill I think , and anyway wheres the money coming from ?   

9 minutes ago, Omobono said:

the Clerk of Tynwald should have advised that there is  a similar question already  on the paper no point in being repetitive , the other members can always ask supplementary questions ,  touch of the Over Kill I think , and anyway wheres the money coming from ?   

What will happen is that the questions will all be answered together, but because the three of them have asked one, they will each be guaranteed at least two more supplementary ones, just after the initial answer and at the end of the discussion