Full day/s at April Tynwald coming up

Moghrey Mie

12 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

What will happen is that the questions will all be answered together, but because the three of them have asked one, they will each be guaranteed at least two more supplementary ones, just after the initial answer and at the end of the discussion

"I refer the honourable member to my previous answer"......

I don't understand why these questions were asked Toby. This info was already in the public domain courtesy of one of the reports and discussed by Paul and Chris in their follow up video.

I was hoping that the questions tabled were going to result in some new information coming forward.

3 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I don't understand why these questions were asked Toby. This info was already in the public domain courtesy of one of the reports and discussed by Paul and Chris in their follow up video.

I was hoping that the questions tabled were going to result in some new information coming forward.

The question of who provided the legal advice to Alf wasn't in the public domain, we now know the conflicted AG pushed for the appeal.

Edited by cissolt
Of not is
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, cissolt said:

The question of who provided the legal advice to Alf wasn't in the public domain, we now know the conflicted AG pushed for the appeal.

Ah - I missed that bit - I only heard the news report on MR at lunchtime.

So- the AG's office is still all powerful and used to getting it own way hey?

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Ah - I missed that bit - I only heard the news report on MR at lunchtime.

So- the AG's office is still all powerful and used to getting it own way hey?

MR filtered out that part, I suspect the aim of the question was to expose this and have it on the public record.  Paul Moulton will no doubt be making a new video on the topic.

What is the recourse for a conflicted AG acting above it's remit? Is providing legal advice in this situation a breach of the law or just ethics?

Just now, hissingsid said:

Chris Thomas must have been getting stick from his constituents over the proposed airport charges he has put them on hold for more comments 😆 .  

Proposed increased charges should be scrapped and a 1 hour free introduced on disc. Airport is fast becoming a very unfriendly place unlike days gone by. 

• Like 5

22 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Chris Thomas must have been getting stick from his constituents over the proposed airport charges he has put them on hold for more comments 😆 .  

There were lots of critical comments about Ronaldsway airport in Tynwald. Let's hope they get it sorted.

Isn't there a technique called, 'management by walking about'? I think some of that is needed. Just take a look at what is happening and talk to the people involved.

Edited by Moghrey Mie