Paying a pound to pound the beat..

Manx Bean

30 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Yeah, the notion that a nominal charge for legal vehicles will somehow deter rogues from dumping vehicles there is fanciful at best. There's obviously a different reason for it. 

It's not that it deters people, it's that it monitors usage.  If a vehicle isn't being paid for, then it can be identified as being abandoned and action can be taken.  Otherwise they have to wait for a long time while it sits there, trying to work out if it has been permanently left or not.

Whether it's a big enough problem to require any action and whether this is the most effective solution is another matter.  But that's the reason for such action.

8 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Yes Douglas Council can’t possibly have done anything wrong hey Glady’s? Several councillors have proposed better ideas just using parking discs (free) rather than charging. Or here’s a really radical idea. Let the police police the parking in the area (it’s part their job after all) with a disc system and they just book those who are over on their disc? They are the police after all. I assume then though the fines would go to Treasury not generate fees for DBC. 

Yeah, I can see the police putting tickets on their own cars 😉 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Well let's get this straight;

They fake fake emails.

They want to put additional pressure on the police despite https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-64516404 etc

They force poor and vulnerable residents to sell their houses for cheap for their own individual gains.

Am I missing anything?

Yes you have missed a vital piece I’m afraid. They’ve ensured that all will be right with the  world again by working “hard”to achieve the worlds smallest (probably inaccurate but you get my drift) CITY!

so we have no worries anymore…

Edited by Guest

11 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Seems so, but years ago.

In my view, things voted on in previous council if not enacted within that period should be null and void. It should be for the presently elected officials to decide on implementation.

yeah but what if they're non-elected?

Edited by HiVibes