Sigh

Weliveinhope

Most of these fees are irregular or one-offs and haven’t been increased for years, so I’m supportive. I’d actually rather we spent the climate change budget on roads, but I’m the only one in Keys who thinks that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

Yeah but they have the capability to learn and have a reason to drive, 65 year olds + ? Nah not worth it for anyone.

Yeah. They can learn and if they are lucky be as safe as a 65 year old. Are you related to some euthanasia cult. I wouldn't want to be your granny.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

They are a lot worse than the o75s

Screenshot_2023-04-30-15-02-28-823_com.android.chrome.jpg

Under 25s are involved in accidents.

Over 75s just cause them and drive around without realising they have left carnage behind them.

Everyone should be regularly retested.  Regardless of age.

• Confused 1

if we get anymore speed limits creeping in   it wont matter what age the drivers are ,  it will be a red flag in front  of all motorcars  if everyone had to be tested here   at £100  a pop you would need 100 more examiners and an even bigger test centre , and drivers waiting years on a list ,

its the R plate brigade  that have the highest road accident statistics  and they are the ones  who most recently had a driving test ,  not the old  brigade 

you cant beat experience  and self preservation   when driving a car or motorcycle on Manx roads ,

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

There is of course an answer to all of this, fit all cars with GPS and then we could have actual facts and data, track speeds automatically fine poor driving and reward good drivers like me, add to that a a requirement to not go for a pointless 'lap of TT course' etc and out roads would need less spending on them and reduce carbon footprint overnight.

• Haha 1