Sigh

Weliveinhope

3 hours ago, HiVibes said:

Well duh, take the license off them at 75 regardless

Erm, inflation only matters if they keep putting prices up every year and 25% is nothing compared to many food prices rising 70% in last year. As I said fairly incremental, driving is not an essential. 

It is if you live out in the country and their is no public Transport, you spout bullshit a lot methinks

• Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Bragging about high speeds on the IOM roads -  that are not engineered for high speeds -  marks you out as a BMW Driver - AKA - Dickhead

I would wager you are a BMW/ AUDI driver too given your posting style...............

Wrong

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

That was reputedly a major investment to save employment on the Island. Swagelok had allegedly threatened to pull out of the Island if they didn't get the old Test Centre site for expansion (As I was advised by a TC employee who also opines that the new facility is completely inadequate for any expanded testing regime to include many current requirements).

All true.  Swagelock are expanding onto the old test centre site and would have pulled out of the island of not able to.

Its all good,

17 minutes ago, Roxanne said:
57 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

other than your curious bias against the elderly.

It doesn’t exist. All that exists is the need to bait.

I know that really - I'd ignore him, if he didn't make me laugh like a drain so frequently.  🙃

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ativa said:

All true.  Swagelock are expanding onto the old test centre site and would have pulled out of the island of not able to.

Its all good,

They brought the site but presumably another factory could have been built at tromode if necessary as there’s still land there 

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

They brought the site but presumably another factory could have been built at tromode if necessary as there’s still land there 

There didn’t want to build a new factory.  They wanted to expand what they have 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Its all good,

We shouldn't be held over a barrel by any business, especially not when it has cost us millions.

It's either free market economics or it's not - a lot of big companies over here seem to want it both ways.

1 hour ago, Ativa said:

There didn’t want to build a new factory.  They wanted to expand what they have 

They’ve still got to completely gut old test centre on top of costs of buying £2m+ plus renovations costs so wouldn’t be much difference but as you’re presumably on swagelok board you will know different!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Bragging about high speeds on the IOM roads -  that are not engineered for high speeds -  marks you out as a BMW Driver - AKA - Dickhead

I would wager you are a BMW/ AUDI driver too given your posting style...............

Almost all roads are engineered to support high speeds.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, alpha-acid said:

It is if you live out in the country and their is no public Transport, you spout bullshit a lot methinks

Plenty of buses all over,  hardly anywhere that a bus is more than a few minutes walk.  

https://www.iombusandrail.im/media/2468/2022-island-map.png?width=577&height=836&mode=max 

If you can't manage where you are perhaps it's time to review your options...  

• Haha 1