Planning

Ativa

1 hour ago, Banker said:

If you’re fully aware of what goes to committee why are you asking why they are only discussing a few minor applications?

Thats not true anyway they discussed & declined the newsons application which is being appealed 

Not at the last meeting they didn’t.

Just now, Banker said:

Obviously not the last meeting, if you know the answers WTF are you asking?

I am asking why, when there is a significant backlog in planning apps waiting for review by the committee they are only sitting once a month and barely discussing anything when they do.

Simple enough for you?

Just now, Ativa said:

I am asking why, when there is a significant backlog in planning apps waiting for review by the committee they are only sitting once a month and barely discussing anything when they do.

Simple enough for you?

As I asked originally have you asked planning department, Ashford etc why?

1 minute ago, Banker said:

As I asked originally have you asked planning department, Ashford etc why?

No.

I had a few beers yesterday with someone who is fuming that he has a site ready to go and millions to invest, but it can’t go ahead until it’s been in front of the committee.

He and his architect thought it would be about two months ago based on what planning told them, but they are still waiting despite there seeming to be nothing discussed at the last meeting and a cut back on the meetings held.

They have paid a fortune to submit all the relevant docs and have architects and other professionals submit the required info, so I thought I would post a simple question on here to see if anyone knew what the holdup was.

7 minutes ago, Ativa said:

No.

I had a few beers yesterday with someone who is fuming that he has a site ready to go and millions to invest, but it can’t go ahead until it’s been in front of the committee.

He and his architect thought it would be about two months ago based on what planning told them, but they are still waiting despite there seeming to be nothing discussed at the last meeting and a cut back on the meetings held.

They have paid a fortune to submit all the relevant docs and have architects and other professionals submit the required info, so I thought I would post a simple question on here to see if anyone knew what the holdup was.

Suggest they contact planning to ask why & if no acceptable response Ashford 

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

Suggest they contact planning to ask why & if no acceptable response Ashford 

Planning keep saying it will be on the agenda at the next meeting.

It isn’t.

Planning are holding the island back with their incompetence.

NIMBYs are holding the island back with their NIMBYism 

Ashford is a clown. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Planning keep saying it will be on the agenda at the next meeting.

It isn’t.

Planning are holding the island back with their incompetence.

NIMBYs are holding the island back with their NIMBYism 

Ashford is a clown. 

Ashford is a clown is all that needs said.

Edited by Numbnuts

1 hour ago, Ativa said:

Was he by any chance Nigerian and asked for your bank account details and £100 from a Manx bank account to get it all started?

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Which begs the question why planning permission was approved if they didn't have the funds to even get a roof on!

WTF has how much money they have got to do with planning?

That is the most slippery of slippery slopes if you start linking the two, and I would imagine that 90 percent of the population would rightly be up in arms if anyone tried to make one dependant on the other.

Edited by Ativa
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ativa said:

WTF has how much money they have got to do with planning?

That is the most slippery of slippery slopes if you start linking the two, and I would imagine that 90 percent of the population would rightly be up in arms if anyone tried to make one dependant on the other.

Will you stop spoiling this thread by making objective and reasonable comments?