Should Ashie keep his MBE for leadership of the department during the Covid-19 pandemic?

Broadcasterman

Should Ashford’s MBE go?   

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’d like to see that thief Quayle hand back the 50 odd grand he stole from us. 
there’s not a cat in hells chance he lost that amount in possible revenue. The flats are always empty. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

What did it say to you?

Ashford was sent this letter ( there is no evidence to suggest that he wrote it himself)

He asked the author if he could read it out. They said yes but don’t give my name.

To preserve and honour the author’s request  for anonymity he shredded the letter.

imagine the hoo haa if he hadn’t shredded it and it subsequently came to light and the writers name was divulged.

He would, rightly, be accused of failing to protect his source. And there would probably be implications for the author of the letter.

What is all the fuss about?

This extremely facile so-called argument rests entirely on Ashford being unable to keep a single piece of paper securely. Dear me, it doesn't get any more removed from reality than this...

Ashford was awarded his gong on the evidence available the time. On the face of it fair enough when you consider that those proposing could not have had any inkling that something was rotten in the State of Denmark...

6 hours ago, asitis said:

As I see it, if you have a letter in your hand which supports your view of the Rachel affair, and indeed is tantamount (again in your view) to the 'silver bullet' for your point by point rebuttal, who in their right mind would shred your independent supporting evidence ? It shows one of two things 1. The veracity of the letter may be questionable or 2. You have exceedingly bad judgement as to how to treat a piece of supporting evidence in the (other very sad saga) involving a highly qualified and vilified  person. Sorry but if David Ashford told me it was daylight I would have to go outside and take a look !

Well there is nothing to suggest that the veracity of the letter is questionable. There is nothing to suggest that DA wrote it himself. Should it be proven that he did, obviously it would be a resigning matter.

He respected and  ensured the request of the author for anonymity by shredding said letter. Maybe that was an error of judgement, or maybe not. Maybe quite correctly he thought it would destroy his credibility ( on which those he represents, be that his constituents or the employees in the department for which he was responsible) if the authorship somehow came to be revealed.

You obviously are predisposed to not believe him ( check the  daylight comment) and have your own agenda.

As to your your comments re vilification I think if you revisit the whole sorry saga and the audit trail of who said what about whom, you can clearly see who is the most quilty of vilification, and the party who remained defiantly dignified in the face of extreme provocation.

That provocation extends to comments on here. Be that him ridiculed for previously being a bar man, wearing a waistcoat that maybe a little tight, his choice of sandwich, uncomplimentary remarks about his partner etc etc

Oh and comparisons with him being a vampire. Playground stuff

It’s a  form of bullying 

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Just spelling and penultimate para
  • Haha 1

https://portsoderickherald.wordpress.com/2023/05/05/ashford-ive-been-held-to-ransom

News. 5th May 2023

Ashford, I've Been Held To Ransom (n)

Shock announcement from former Health Minister

In the wake of this weeks news reports regarding the award of £3.19m in compensation to Dr Rosalind Ransom who was found to have been unfairly sacked from her job as the island’s top medic. David Ashford, Health Minister at the time of Dr Ranson’s mistreatment, has now made a shock announcement.

Contacted by the Herald yesterday for comment in relation to the Ranson affair Mr Ashford said quite candidly “Thank you for calling. I literally just woke up in the shower this morning and I’m still quite surprised to discover that it isn’t 2019 anymore. I don’t know what has happened but I strongly believe that the man who was IOM Health Minister over the pandemic period was actually an impostor employed by former Chief Minister Howard Quayle. As such I believe that I may have been held to ransom for the last three years in a cottage on Mr Quayle’s Middle estate but have now been returned to my family”

He continued “Naturally I was as concerned as everyone else to read the news reports of Dr Ranson’s terrible treatment today. But unfortunately I have zero recollection of anything the person representing himself to be David Ashford has done at any time in the last three years. In fact until I woke up in the shower around 8:00AM this morning the only vague recollection I have is of being held captive by Mr Quayle’s groundskeeper and playing lots of Scrabble to pass the time. I suspect I may have been drugged”.

When pushed by a shocked Herald on what he intends to do next Mr Ashford replied “I don’t know really. I’ve just rung Alf Cannan and I expect to have a meeting later today where hopefully things will become a bit clearer. But I categorically refute and deny anything my impostor did (or didn’t do) in the last three years and pledge that his actions will be investigated to the fullest extent by the IOM Constabulary”.

Do you know the real David Ashford? Can you corroborate this story? If so please confidentially contact the Herald today.

The Editor, the Port Soderick Herald

Twitter: @portsoderickH

Email: tpsh@email.com

David Ashford MHK (or so he claimed)

News 5th May 2023 Ashford, I’ve been held to ransom

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Gizo said:

I’d like to see that thief Quayle hand back the 50 odd grand he stole from us. 
there’s not a cat in hells chance he lost that amount in possible revenue. The flats are always empty. 

The IoM Political and PS. Fill yer boots if you're given the opportunity (or if you've created it for yourself, even 😉). Don't worry about where it's coming from, we're entitled and taxpayers have plenty to give. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

The IoM Political and PS. Fill yer boots if you're given the opportunity (or if you've created it for yourself, even 😉). Don't worry about where it's coming from, we're entitled and taxpayers have plenty to give. 

That seems to be the overall operational thinking

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

That seems to be the overall operational thinking

Documented history shows who the major beneficiaries of the Govt's Covid compo scheme(s) were, to include those who were actually party to the creation of such and availed themselves fully of the terms and benefits. Plus all the PS workers who remained on full pay during lockdowns; it is a society apart with a remarkable attitude of entitlement.

• Thanks 1

Let him keep it, it is meaningless, he never deserves it anyway, the stigma attached to this accolade hopefully will keep coming back to haunt him  If it is taken away from him, he will just play the scapegoat card, hoping to get sympathetic granny votes.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well there is nothing to suggest that the veracity of the letter is questionable. There is nothing to suggest that DA wrote it himself. Should it be proven that he did, obviously it would be a resigning matter.

He respected and  ensured the request of the author for anonymity by shredding said letter. Maybe that was an error of judgement, or maybe not. Maybe quite correctly he thought it would destroy his credibility ( on which those he represents, be that his constituents or the employees in the department for which he was responsible) if the authorship somehow came to be revealed.

You obviously are predisposed to not believe him ( check the  daylight comment) and have your own agenda.

As to your your comments re vilification I think if you revisit the whole sorry saga and the audit trail of who said what about whom, you can clearly see who is the most quilty of vilification, and the party who remained defiantly dignified in the face of extreme provocation.

That provocation extends to comments on here. Be that him ridiculed for previously being a bar man, wearing a waistcoat that maybe a little tight, his choice of sandwich, uncomplimentary remarks about his partner etc etc

Oh and comparisons with him being a vampire. Playground stuff

It’s a  form of bullying 

You really have got some serious learning difficulties when you can't see things that are plainly obvious to almost every other right thinking person, even some of the properly dim posters on here can see what sort of individual Ashford is. Or perhaps you simply don't want to see it. And it doesn't seem to matter how much actual evidence of what a complete and utter, lying, self serving, duplicitous, useless cunt he is, you just will not have it. Bullying indeed, when someone who has actually been proven to have been bullied (partially by the shitheaded fucker Ashford himself) and had their entire life, at least in the short to medium term, totally destroyed by these people. Jesus Fucking Christ, you really are an absolute fucking nightmare of an individual.

Edited by reptar
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, reptar said:

And it doesn't seem to matter how much actual evidence of what a complete and utter, lying, self serving, duplicitous, useless cunt he is, you just will not have it. Bullying indeed, when someone who has actually been proven to have been bullied (partially by the shitheaded fucker Ashford himself) and had their entire life, at least in the short to medium term, totally destroyed by these people. Jesus Fucking Christ, you really are an absolute fucking nightmare of an individual.

With this sort of honeyed eloquence, have you ever considered a career writing messages for the inside of Hallmark cards? 

• Haha 13

2 hours ago, reptar said:

You really have got some serious learning difficulties when you can't see things that are plainly obvious to almost every other right thinking person, even some of the properly dim posters on here can see what sort of individual Ashford is. Or perhaps you simply don't want to see it. And it doesn't seem to matter how much actual evidence of what a complete and utter, lying, self serving, duplicitous, useless cunt he is, you just will not have it. Bullying indeed, when someone who has actually been proven to have been bullied (partially by the shitheaded fucker Ashford himself) and had their entire life, at least in the short to medium term, totally destroyed by these people. Jesus Fucking Christ, you really are an absolute fucking nightmare of an individual.

And there was me trying to be gentle. 😀

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Roxanne said:

And there was me trying to be gentle. 😀

I saw that, and you're right, there is certainly an element of naivety in effect here. But fucking hell, we've had three years of this from him. All of the way though the pandemic, after one massive balls up/pack of lies after another from them, and now throughout the following post pandemic period. And after everything that has come out now, including via the courts, he's still at it. He's like a poorly coded AI shitbot (perhaps even written by the renowned programmer Ashford himself). Enough is enough.

Edited by reptar
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1