Coronation Ceremony

La Colombe

2 minutes ago, BriT said:

The BBC regrets arresting six anti-monarchy protesters. The force also confirmed it had used a controversial new law to detain the group.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65527007

That should suffice  until the next Coronation , move on  nothing further to see ,  Just wait until  HRH visits  us in July I wonder what our police will come up with to deter protestors ,given there is very little on the Manx statute books 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Omobono said:

That should suffice  until the next Coronation , move on  nothing further to see ,  Just wait until  HRH visits  us in July I wonder what our police will come up with to deter protestors ,given there is very little on the Manx statute books 

will there actually be any protesters? last time Charles visited it went well and no protesters or will it just be a case of people jumping on the bandwagon

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

will there actually be any protesters? last time Charles visited it went well and no protesters or will it just be a case of people jumping on the bandwagon

Maybe Daphne & climate change warriors will chain themselves to Tynwald hill 😂

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Weird post, are you suggesting people can't have legitimate objections to the monarchy?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Chutney said:

Can we get him invited over for a 'Lord of Man' investiture type thing ? I think the  Manxeys would love a big parade.

As I've said before, I suspect he'll be popping over soon to give his fellow Germans their special parchment for Douglas and probably watch the parade of bad suits on Tynwald Day.

39 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

As I've said before, I suspect he'll be popping over soon to give his fellow Germans their special parchment for Douglas and probably watch the parade of bad suits on Tynwald Day.

Rumor mill says won’t be Tynwald day but later in the year. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

Weird post, are you suggesting people can't have legitimate objections to the monarchy?

Not sure how you came to that conclusion from my post. 

My point is it's the Isle of Man I don't really see people getting all hot an bothered over who is the King or Queen as it has no impact on us 

52 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Bad suits? Cost me over £200 AND I had to pay extra for the Victorian Dad hat! Can't even claim it back on exes these days...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

AND I had to pay extra for the Victorian Dad hat! 

On the plus side, you can use the hat for magic tricks afterwards. 

To be honest, it doesn't matter how much the suit costs.  As long as it actually fits!

Please tell me you bought it from the Tailor and they threw in a free fitting?

Edited by The Phantom