Coronation Ceremony

La Colombe

28 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Yes it is, l'm listening on radio 4, my labrador is sleeping through the whole thing snoring rather loudly. I splashed out and bought a bottle of Gordon's just for occasion, do you think it's too early to crack it open🙃

Get it open Lily. Ice, lemon, crystal glass and all! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

No I’m not watching it just saw a clip of a yawning Prince on social media.

So stop making stupid comments about something you have no idea of.

Oh, wait now...that's what you seem to do most of the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The wooden throne (King John's?) has what seems to be graffiti carved into it, probably over the centuries.  Have to do some Googling to see what that is all about. 

King Richard's. Choirboys of the Abbey and early tourists carved into it.  It was an attraction in the 18th century when tourists could pay to sit on it.  Has also been subjected to all kinds of damage, but survives.  The oldest piece of furniture surviving in Britain to have been made by a known maker. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Declan said:

Is It disrespectful to wonder if Peggy Mordant was a Mancurian Candidate could she have disemboweled Charles before them elderly bishops could have done anything about it?

I think it’s Penny Mordaunt - are you confusing her with Peggy Mount?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

I saw a bit on the big screen at my neighbours. Charles looked awful sad. Iike he'd have preferred to be in his garden surrounded by nature.

Those horses were a bit frisky too.

On balance, I preferred the Queen's funeral.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Your mental. Why did you even seek to reply to that post that had nothing to do with you. Literally a mental case. 

You’re funny. Who is her mental? She clearly did more than seek to reply, it’s not difficult. The thing with public forums is anyone can reply to anything, unless they’re blocked or can’t read or spell or some other reason I’ve forgotten (or don’t know). Are you OK hun? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Declan said:

I wish Hugh watsit would shut up.

The music has been fantastic especially I Was Glad.

Rishi should keep out of Peggy Mordant's way whilst she has that sword.

If you watched it via iPlayer they had a special channel without commentary Bliss, especially avoiding the odd selection of 'experts' the BBC seems to trawl up on these occasions.

Until the start of the ceremony 'proper' at 11am, Radio 3 just covered all the music in the previous two hours without interruption, except to say what it was in the gaps.  Listen again is here.  They then joined up with other radio for the actual service, but they do list all the music on the relevant webpage.

When Sunak appointed his government, after the Queen's death, so they knew there was a coronation coming up, I wonder if Mordaunt was made Lord President of the Council because she had the biceps for the job.