Coronation Ceremony

La Colombe

9 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I wonder if Mordaunt was made Lord President of the Council because she had the biceps for the job.

A bit unfair from the pictures I’ve seen online she looked quite tidy today - like she was straight out of Marvels Female Avengers with that cape. 

9 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

A bit unfair from the pictures I’ve seen online she looked quite tidy today - like she was straight out of Marvels Female Avengers with that cape. 

And William's lass turned up as Princess Leia!

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

When Sunak appointed his government, after the Queen's death, so they knew there was a coronation coming up, I wonder if Mordaunt was made Lord President of the Council because she had the biceps for the job.

You wouldn't have trusted Rabb with the sword. And Gove would have looked like a Hobbit.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

If you watched it via iPlayer they had a special channel without commentary Bliss, especially avoiding the odd selection of 'experts' the BBC seems to trawl up on these occasions.

Until the start of the ceremony 'proper' at 11am, Radio 3 just covered all the music in the previous two hours without interruption, except to say what it was in the gaps.  Listen again is here.  They then joined up with other radio for the actual service, but they do list all the music on the relevant webpage.

When Sunak appointed his government, after the Queen's death, so they knew there was a coronation coming up, I wonder if Mordaunt was made Lord President of the Council because she had the biceps for the job.

Biceps, yeah love, I was looking at her biceps............

• Haha 2

I was going to jet-wash my driveway today, just to let the neighbours know that I was somewhat disinterested. I opened the front door, and all I could hear was silence - even the birds weren't twittering. Nothing was moving anywhere. It was like those sci-fi films where the entire population had been abducted by aliens. Anyway, I decided not to risk breaking the spell. It was a good excuse to do something less important.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I wasn't criticising - just that she's got a reputation for being a bit sporty, so could hold up the sword for the long period required.  But, yes, the outfit was a bit 50s comic book.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

I was going to jet-wash my driveway today, just to let the neighbours know that I was somewhat disinterested. I opened the front door, and all I could hear was silence - even the birds weren't twittering. Nothing was moving anywhere. It was like those sci-fi films where the entire population had been abducted by aliens. Anyway, I decided not to risk breaking the spell. It was a good excuse to do something less important.

B&Q was surprisingly busy. 

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

She did press-ups apparently to train for it. Ex Royal Navy gal. She'd look great in the cape and tights.

• Like 1