Coronation Ceremony

La Colombe

Now that the monarchy-devotees (and Penny Mordaunt appreciation society) have had their group orgasm, in the interests of a more balanced critique as well as upholding the long-standing and cherished British values of freedom of speech, tolerance and the right to mock the rich and famous (IMHO, without these traditions Britain could not be the liberal and fair western democracy that it is - these are some of the precious ‘intangible’ qualities that differentiate us from brutal and corrupt totalitarian regimes) below I have resurrected my previous post from the threat which has now mysteriously disappeared:  

The Royals have been very good for the British ruling classes (hereditary peers and landowners, aristocracy, the superrich, etc.). They have aptly perpetuated and presided over entrenched obscene societal inequalities and injustices, whilst successfully fooling the poorest and disadvantaged into false narrative of some shared indelible national identity, which has nothing to do with them per se and has everything to do with individuals’ upbringing and circumstances, education, general world-view, etc.

Few Brits who are queuing up to food banks on Monday will be more than nonchalant about an over-privileged old duffer who is worth £600m (has offshore stash, pays as much or as little taxes as he wishes and sends a helicopter to fetch his favourite pen) and his hangers-on who are having a jolly nice shindig; all paid by taxpayers of course. Hooray!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Hahaha is she fuck, I had a WhatsApp off her earlier with a picture of (that) cake so I’d say she’s in a cake sharing mood, unfortunately I’m in London at the Coronation (7 day party babe) so I can’t get round there to have any of it. I’ve just made 30 odd scones for tomorrows street party though - no one wanted to be bothered at home, thankfully my daughter didn’t get that teaching job on the Isle of Man and had to take a position near London… where they have people and life and laughter all the time (plagiarism rules). Baby sitting my (truly the best child ever) grand daughter at the mo - bliss 🥰

Be happy one and all, love or hate the monarchy- today was a massive piece of history that will be remembered for as long as history exists, and that’s pretty cool. As for the #not my king brigade, and you are? Some crony with a load of crabby tongues lashed up yer jacksey, grow up and cut yer apron strings. Pffft. 

Marvelous day, there was some seriously good music played today (along with some shite ALW etc) glad to be alive to have heard it! Long live the King! Thanks for the party and welcome to Manx Forums (he makes git be here already)

Fashionable day, the daffodil lady who can sing, the lady in the lilac bay suit & … I am so getting a Camilla cut, nanna stylin’ FTW 🤴🇬🇧👑

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, 2bees said:

Hahaha is she fuck, I had a WhatsApp off her earlier with a picture of (that) cake so I’d say she’s in a cake sharing mood, unfortunately I’m in London at the Coronation (7 day party babe) so I can’t get round there to have any of it. I’ve just made 30 odd scones for tomorrows street party though - no one wanted to be bothered at home, thankfully my daughter didn’t get that teaching job on the Isle of Man and had to take a position near London… where they have people and life and laughter all the time (plagiarism rules). Baby sitting my (truly the best child ever) grand daughter at the mo - bliss 🥰

Be happy one and all, love or hate the monarchy- today was a massive piece of history that will be remembered for as long as history exists, and that’s pretty cool. As for the #not my king brigade, and you are? Some crony with a load of crabby tongues lashed up yer jacksey, grow up and cut yer apron strings. Pffft. 

Marvelous day, there was some seriously good music played today (along with some shite ALW etc) glad to be alive to have heard it! Long live the King! Thanks for the party and welcome to Manx Forums (he makes git be here already)

Fashionable day, the daffodil lady who can sing, the lady in the lilac bay suit & … I am so getting a Camilla cut, nanna stylin’ FTW 🤴🇬🇧👑

4 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Nothing wrong with me. There does seem to be an awful lot of mental’s and split personalities about though. It’s hard to keep track. 

Missed the quote so the whole post was more meaningless than usual 🫤

I hadn’t intended to watch the whole thing, but I did and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am not at all religious but I was moved to tears several times during the service. It made me very proud to be British. I don’t think anyone can match us for pageantry, history and pomp.  

Edited by Itsmeee
Spelling
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Declan said:

Frank Chickens! Now there's a band!

My first thought when I read the tweet was: "What?  Are Frank Chickens still around?". 

My second was "No one but Declan will get the reference".

Edited to add:  They still seem to be around.  I'm not sure if the Twitter account is actually related or just an hommage, but it seems so random and unexpected, full of snooker and Sutton United Women's FC away games, that it may well be genuine.

Edited by Roger Mexico
  • Like 1