Coronation Ceremony

La Colombe

1 hour ago, BriT said:

Oh I’m sorry some naughty subjects ruined your day of forelock tugging to your new unelected overlord 😂 They certainly deserved to be thrown in the tower. 

You miss the point, time and time again. 

• Like 1

Just now, 2bees said:

You miss the point, time and time again. 

I’m not missing any point at all. There was a good piece on the BBC this morning saying how outrageous the action of the police was over the protestors. They are picking and choosing what “crimes” to police which is dangerous police state type stuff. There was absolutely no justification for the police to arrest those people just because they might have potentially ruined some old biddies Coronation Day. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

For everyone who was gawking at all the pomp and pageantry, with their bellies full and mortgages fully paid off, there are others – the homeless and the working poor who are struggling with mundane tasks of eating, heating, putting a roof over their heads, paying the ever-increasing gas bills, etc, etc. At the same time, many people across the Commonwealth are similarly disgruntled about the monarchy; some demand slavery reparations, others want their Star of Africa back, indigenous people in Australia and Canada resent British royals who they historically blame for the loss of their native homelands... 

More than anything, to me the King’s coronation demonstrated how unequal and divided the UK has become. There are rising tensions between the haves and have nots, the young and old, etc, etc. Who knows, but these celebrations could turn out to be a harbinger for much more turbulent times ahead.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, code99 said:

For everyone who was gawking at all the pomp and pageantry, with their bellies full and mortgages fully paid off, there are others – the homeless and the working poor who are struggling with mundane tasks of eating, heating, putting a roof over their heads, paying the ever-increasing gas bills, etc, etc. At the same time, many people across the Commonwealth are similarly disgruntled about the monarchy; some demand slavery reparations, others want their Star of Africa back, indigenous people in Australia and Canada resent British royals who they historically blame for the loss of their native homelands... 

More than anything, to me the King’s coronation demonstrated how unequal and divided the UK has become. There are rising tensions between the haves and have nots, the young and old, etc, etc. Who knows, but these celebrations could turn out to be a harbinger for much more turbulent times ahead.  

So should we have cancelled the whole thing then ? Would that have made you happy and be the sensible thing to do ? Would it have made the world a better and more equal place ? What would it have achieved ? 

• Thanks 2

They were Night Stars volunteers who hand out rape alarms to women in the evenings. They were arrested doing what they usually do, helping to protect women from the Met and other predators. 

7 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

One of those rape alarms they were alleged to be carrying, thrown among the horses on the Mall, could have been very stupid and dangerous. Spooked horses among tens of thousands of people wouldn't have ended well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No one made you watch it there were other programmes on the Telly or you could have done anything else you enjoy doing.     Pathetic people who complain about everything and anything are usually under achievers with big chips on their shoulders who hate other people enjoying themselves.   Truly waste of space and oxygen wankers.  Unfortunately this forum seems to attract them .   

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

Pathetic people who complain about everything and anything are usually under achievers with big chips on their shoulders who hate other people enjoying themselves.   Truly waste of space and oxygen wankers.  Unfortunately this forum seems to attract them .   

Says raving old man who seems to hate absolutely everything. I can’t see much that’s wrong above with peoples objections. The day of being beaming moon-faced flag waving serfs is well and truly gone and £250M spent in broken Brexit Britain on fluffing this old man’s ego isn’t money well spent. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

One of those rape alarms they were alleged to be carrying, thrown among the horses on the Mall, could have been very stupid and dangerous. Spooked horses among tens of thousands of people wouldn't have ended well.

It's a good job the whole thing was very quiet for the horses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Says raving old man who seems to hate absolutely everything. I can’t see much that’s wrong above with peoples objections. The day of being beaming moon-faced flag waving serfs is well and truly gone and £250M spent in broken Brexit Britain on fluffing this old man’s ego isn’t money well spent. 

Well, hundreds of millions of people the whole world over didn't agree with you. You should think about that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Well, hundreds of millions of people the whole world over didn't agree with you. You should think about that.

I shouldn’t think about anything at all. Millions of similar beaming moon-faced morons stood on their gardens clapping for covid too. 

• Sad 1