Coronation Ceremony

La Colombe

4 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’m not trolling at all I’m expressing an opinion as I’ve found the whole brainwashed attitude to the Coronation completely bemusing.   

Strange Brit does a crackpot rant , doesn’t get any support & shortly after the other crackpot ranter posts similar rubbish in support 😂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, code99 said:

More than anything, to me the King’s coronation demonstrated how unequal and divided the UK has become. There are rising tensions between the haves and have nots, the young and old, etc, etc. Who knows, but these celebrations could turn out to be a harbinger for much more turbulent times ahead.  

I think it always has been. People living in crofts with nothing while their masters dined on huge feasts. People in tenements, struggling to keep warm and feed their children when their politicians lived the life of plenty. I don’t think the Coronation showed what it has become, I think it showed what it has always been. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, HeliX said:

It's a good job the whole thing was very quiet for the horses.

The half hour I saw showed them extremely skittish and there were an awful lot of them. You’re right, It could have all gone a bit wrong

It already did go a bit wrong for the bassoon playing horseman when his horse decided to walk forward sideways. 

1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

The half hour I saw showed them extremely skittish and there were an awful lot of them. You’re right, It could have all gone a bit wrong

It already did go a bit wrong for the bassoon playing horseman when his horse decided to walk forward sideways. 

Honestly it's quite unfair to put horses in such a situation but obviously we're the most important species and bollocks to the rest...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I think it always has been. People living in crofts with nothing while their masters dined on huge feasts. People in tenements, struggling to keep warm and feed their children when their politicians lived the life of plenty. I don’t think the Coronation showed what it has become, I think it showed what it has always been. 

Just to add. I don’t know what it was like where you live @code99 but around here it brought out the best in people. Lots of people worked hard for the good of the community. Food, drinks, music and connection all being shared with no money changing hands. I think what it shows is that we can still look after one another at a grass roots level. The trick I guess is transferring that to every day rather than waiting for an event. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I think it always has been. People living in crofts with nothing while their masters dined on huge feasts

I do not think so. It was not that way when Raquel Welch wore a fur bikini. Perhaps that kind of thing came about when the population became civilised.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

I do not think so. It was not that way when Raquel Welch wore a fur bikini. Perhaps that kind of thing came about when the population became civilised.

You can wake up now sweetheart. 😀

• Haha 1

Crikey.

Ragbag collection of let's argue for the the sake of itters - check.

Mutually appreciative (on a societal level) Manx Forums coven of ageing fag-hags - check.

Descent of nice thread into gibbering mess of a post car crash shocked lunatic- well obvs. 

Carry on!

By the way, what happened to the other thread pertaining to auricle size? I wouldn't have bothered with this if I  had found that. 

• Haha 1