Manx Radio...

Grumble

Just looking at the header page for this section - and considering that many posters profess to have no interest in our national broadcaster, just two threads alone on the subject have attracted over 9000 views.

That compares to less than 500 on the state of the Manx press.

Interesting!

Incidentally, you have noticed the difference in the age of these topics? The 7000 view monster has been going since March 14th...

Anyone not as lazy as me care to break this down into a view per day ratio for the three threads? :)

Edit: Ok, I did it.

Nobody Listens to Manx Radio - 43.6 views per day

Manx Press - 77 views per day

Screw your theory ;)

Just looking at the header page for this section - and considering that many posters profess to have no interest in our national broadcaster, just two threads alone on the subject have attracted over 9000 views.

Some posters give the impression that they don't like it in its current state, which may not be quite the same as having no interest in it.

This 'lack of interest' is quite surprising when this is one of THREE topics involving Manx Radio that are on the current first page of 'Local News.'

Okay, so I may just be another 'grumpy old man,' but I do care about the only local station that attempts to provide coverage of local events and interests - even if they aren't always subjects that are of interest to me.

I did try listening to 3FM for a while - but found it boring and repetitive, and Energy is simply a non-starter for my age group.

I don't like all of the recent changes, I think it's very sad that they've lost some of their best presenters, and I do feel that they ought to devote more effort to questioning people on controversial subjects.

This, in itself, shows that I am 'interested' in Manx Radio and I would suggest that the same applies to all of those who have posted on the various threads about it - even those who deny it!

Archived