Diesel v Petrol pump prices

Manx Bean

18 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

I can't stop grinning when I'm out in mine! Its also left hand drive so even more insane and folk can't see the suspension mods either so are amazed at its cornering ability even if its a pretty bumpy ride on some roads. ( sorry Roxie!) 😎

Unknown.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doc.fixit said:

I can't stop grinning when I'm out in mine! Its also left hand drive so even more insane and folk can't see the suspension mods either so are amazed at its cornering ability even if its a pretty bumpy ride on some roads. ( sorry Roxie!) 😎

Have you uprated the roadsprings to something rather more substantial than the standard pram springs? 🤭

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Have you uprated the roadsprings to something rather more substantial than the standard pram springs? 🤭

New, standard road springs with rubber assisters plus no rear anti roll bar. Slightly smoother than standard but still bumpy on rough roads. The sports springs are just too rough to use and I need the vertical travel of standard because I have to drive over a few very rough farm tracks.

On 5/8/2023 at 4:42 PM, offshoremanxman said:

I’m not bothered about economy in the IOM but I can see the re-sale value of diesels being next to nothing in the next few years as they clearly want them off the road so when I renewed I didn’t see any point at all in replacing a diesel with another diesel I’d have to pay over the odds for anyway even the current supply issues. I’m happy I made the choice even if diesel is coming down as diesel is certainly going to be phased out for non commercial use in the next 10 years on environmental grounds through fuel taxes or some other form of penalty. As for bio diesel the only person I know who sells it here is the idiot MHK in Garff so again a no for me. 

So where is this bio-diesel then?

10 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Fairy Cottage? They haven't sold bio diesel for years.

It's just plain old diesel. and has been for as long as I can remember.  Fairy Cottage is owned and run by the lovely Ruby. She's been there for years and is loved by all, but she doesn't sell bio diesel, no sir.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Fairy Cottage? They haven't sold bio diesel for years.

They did sell it though. But as I have absolutely no requirement for it at all then I clearly hadn’t noticed they’d stopped.

https://www.isleofman.com/news/view/21972864

And it was supplied by the current Garff MHK

https://www.isleofman.com/news/view/21972876/bio-fuel-station-to-open

Edited by offshoremanxman