Diesel v Petrol pump prices

Manx Bean

10 hours ago, Cambon said:

Includes 12P including vat for handling, profit, etc. 

ace. However 

are you aware prices fluctuate? 

how much stock at previous price did they have and you state a single price for both suppliers, yet looking at shipping movements they didn’t get fuel on same day ? 

have you factored that in to your number? 

23 minutes ago, Manxman1234 said:

ace. However 

are you aware prices fluctuate? 

how much stock at previous price did they have and you state a single price for both suppliers, yet looking at shipping movements they didn’t get fuel on same day ? 

have you factored that in to your number? 

If you read my first post on this from yesterday, I stated that current prices for July delivery are higher than prices two months ago for delivery now. This is because of the US driving season which runs from July to September. 

Its not rocket science. Diesel has come down, petrol hasn’t. 

18 minutes ago, Cambon said:

It’s not rocket science.

“An unbalanced force must be exerted for a rocket to lift off from a launch pad or for a craft in space to change speed or direction (first law). The amount of thrust (force) produced by a rocket engine will be determined by the mass of rocket fuel that is burned and how fast the gas escapes the rocket (second law). The reaction, or motion, of the rocket is equal to and in the opposite direction of the action, or thrust, from the engine (third law).”

Now THAT’S rocket science…

24 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

“An unbalanced force must be exerted for a rocket to lift off from a launch pad or for a craft in space to change speed or direction (first law). The amount of thrust (force) produced by a rocket engine will be determined by the mass of rocket fuel that is burned and how fast the gas escapes the rocket (second law). The reaction, or motion, of the rocket is equal to and in the opposite direction of the action, or thrust, from the engine (third law).”

Now THAT’S rocket science…

Thanks, Elon.

• Haha 1

A flippant question maybe, but has anyone worked out how much gas and or oil is needed to recharge Daphne's electric bus here ? 

The zealots are salivating on other platforms, which I could understand if we were running renewables, but this is surely self congratulation before achievement ! Or put another way how to spaff more taxpayers cash.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, asitis said:

A flippant question maybe, but has anyone worked out how much gas and or oil is needed to recharge Daphne's electric bus here ? 

The zealots are salivating on other platforms, which I could understand if we were running renewables, but this is surely self congratulation before achievement ! Or put another way how to spaff more taxpayers cash.

Daphne and her associates are comfortably being lubricated with £42M of public money at the moment, they will have little cognisance or interest in the struggles or hardships that others will be enduring, either in the current economic woes or which may be imposed by their green policies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

20 hours ago, Cambon said:

If you read my first post on this from yesterday, I stated that current prices for July delivery are higher than prices two months ago for delivery now. This is because of the US driving season which runs from July to September. 

Its not rocket science. Diesel has come down, petrol hasn’t. 

So for July delivery?

so fuel that’s not delivered yet?

10 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Daphne and her associates are comfortably being lubricated with £42M of public money at the moment, they will have little cognisance or interest in the struggles or hardships that others will be enduring, either in the current economic woes or which may be imposed by their green policies.

I saw that the mua were bragging about the new bus electric bus chargers that have been installed.  Wonder what the cost of that was?  

2 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

On loan or permanent? If the latter then it seems the leccy bus thing is a done deal or the chargers are a waste of money, again.

I doubt it’s permanent.  They have pretty much plugged them straight into the power station at the carpark on Pulrose Bridge.

12 minutes ago, Ativa said:

I doubt it’s permanent.  They have pretty much plugged them straight into the power station at the carpark on Pulrose Bridge.

Well there was one parked there yesterday afternoon, so it seems likely.  There's actually two on trial according to the DoI's Facebook:

image.png.4f47167419c51de65135a35e2de994b9.png

Though a caller suggested in that Wint interview that they were having problems with the range for the double decker with a full charge only doing about 70 miles on Manx roads (and it wasn't denied).  But of course that's the reason you test these things - and test them when demand is at its greatest.  "Early steps" doesn't sound like they will be replacing the fleet tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well there was one parked there yesterday afternoon, so it seems likely.  There's actually two on trial according to the DoI's Facebook:

image.png.4f47167419c51de65135a35e2de994b9.png

Though a caller suggested in that Wint interview that they were having problems with the range for the double decker with a full charge only doing about 70 miles on Manx roads (and it wasn't denied).  But of course that's the reason you test these things - and test them when demand is at its greatest.  "Early steps" doesn't sound like they will be replacing the fleet tomorrow.

That'll be 100 on order then!

• Haha 2