Josem exposes QE2 drag queen photos

Broadcasterman

26 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

I can't see why sex education for Manx children should be any different from sex education for English or Scottish children. We're not that different surely.

7 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Quite. 

1. We have 3 legs and Josem and Living Hope. 

2. The English syllabus ( and the Scots ) is a framework with specifications as to what it should cover,  and then huge scope for local variation as to how to deliver. 

The heat has been on how the local delivery rider is configured. That’s where consultation comes in, including parents. But parents, and right wing neo liberal nutters and cults shouldn’t be allowed a veto, however loud they shout their “truth”.

Just like Andrew Fenton shouldn’t be allowed a say in the teaching of geography and geology and plate tectonics.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Parents should have a right if the subject is contentious I am so glad my children and grandchildren were not exposed to this sex programme  at an early age which causes confusion amongst young people.

How can you say the education programme causes confusion if the child has not experienced said programme?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

If a child is told at home there are two genders and then get told at school there are sixty four I think that would cause confusion.

Given that there are more biological sex genotypes than XX or XY, and more sexual attraction identities than cis, and, clearly more Genders than man/woman - perhaps your views would be the ones causing confusion?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

If a child is told at home there are two genders and then get told at school there are sixty four I think that would cause confusion.

Should schools stop teaching the shape of the world or its history because Fenton's not encumbered by an over-abundance of intellect?

The only aspect that needs to adapted for the IOM is the structure for delivery.  So, perhaps, given our size, it makes sense to have a couple of peripatetic experts who can deliver to each school and coach the teachers in each on delivery, dealing with contentious areas and so on.  The content cannot be changed surely?  

If the scope for variation is used as a means to limit the content to appease those who believe either different sexualities are catching or if they deny them the won't exist, that would be such a retrograde step.

Age appropriate, sensitive and open delivery is what it is about.  Done correctly, the syllabus should be no more confusing than teaching kids about someone who lives in the sky, knows your every thought and deed and could smite you if you defy him.

God being male is an interesting concept in itself, given there is no other God, so no other sex with whom to reproduce, so being male is superfluous and pretty pointless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The only aspect that needs to adapted for the IOM is the structure for delivery. 

God being male is an interesting concept in itself, given there is no other God, so no other sex with whom to reproduce, so being male is superfluous and pretty pointless. 

It's surely just another project to keep some woke warrior in the CS busy? 

I thought God was Alanis Morrisette? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

A woman wouldn't have made this much of a pig's ear of everything.

• Thanks 1

The weird thing is the QE2 school was the only school that seemed to have pursued this programme I know St Ninians didn’t so perhaps the heads of other schools used their own discretion.    It just shows how much interest the Education Authority shows about what our young people are being taught.   The biology\science teacher used to cover this subject, why it was thought necessary to bring in an individual who was not a drag Queen but did drag for entertainment in their spare time to bang on about 60 + genders I cannot fathom.   Woke nonsense.

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

The only aspect that needs to adapted for the IOM is the structure for delivery.  So, perhaps, given our size, it makes sense to have a couple of peripatetic experts who can deliver to each school and coach the teachers in each on delivery, dealing with contentious areas and so on.  The content cannot be changed surely?  

Maybe they could arrive on a bus with a giraffe painted on the side, call themselves something like Life Education? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Maybe they could arrive on a bus with a giraffe painted on the side, call themselves something like Life Education? 

Presumable the Life Education bus was taken out of service to save money.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/wellbeing-axing-and39cause-for-concernand39/

Edited by Moghrey Mie
  • Like 1