Josem exposes QE2 drag queen photos

Broadcasterman

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I am not qualified to say, but even if there is an argument it is, it is still illegal.

is it ?? ,  i know  the act is , not so sure about the cerebral wiring  though . on that note, in countries where the age of consent is less than our 16 years does that make persons of those nationalities partaking in sexual activities with persons under 16 years of age paedophiles as their actions are lawful where they reside?   

44 minutes ago, WTF said:

is it ?? ,  i know  the act is , not so sure about the cerebral wiring  though . on that note, in countries where the age of consent is less than our 16 years does that make persons of those nationalities partaking in sexual activities with persons under 16 years of age paedophiles as their actions are lawful where they reside?   

It’s a toughie, that one. Andrew and Ms Guifré- legal in UK, but not in her home state in the USA. Legally determined by where the activity took place.

And no different to how I found myself as a postgraduate in England, after I had turned 21. Sex legal there, but not here.

And paedophilia is not a gender but a sexual attraction to underage people, generally with a larger age gap. And some jurisdictions have age bands where under age sex is not criminalised. What constitutes under age is a mess, both domestically and internationally. 

Two Manx 16 year olds can have sex legally, be naked together, intimate. But if they take photos, and send them to each other ( no sharing with third parties ) then that’s illegal, because they’re under 18.

In Ireland, but no longer in Northern Ireland, age of consent is 17. So, walking 100m across an artificial line on the ground changes the legality, and consequences, of your actions.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, WTF said:

I suppose it comes down to the definition of paedophile.  Is it a legal definition (not sure that there is one) or a psychological definition?  

Either way, it is behaviour that is considered so deviant that it is made criminal here.  But, as you say, by applying a somewhat arbitrary age limit which varies from country to country, and in some countries there may not even be a legislated age at all. 

I suppose the real difference is the protection of a victim, and a commonly accepted class of victim that requires enhanced protection due to their vulnerability.  Is there a victim in other gender scenarios that is not otherwise protected by law?  Rape, assault etc. 

44 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Now  we don't bat an eyelid when a woman introduces herself as 'Ms', 'Miss' or 'Mrs'. 

And, one day in the future, we won’t bat an eyelid about what someone calls themselves by whatever gender they believe themselves to be, but just  like the case you’ve stated and then with the gay ‘revolution’ it’s bloody hard work getting there. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Is it a legal definition (not sure that there is one) or a psychological definition?   

Psychology it is difficult because how do you research it?  The only subjects you are likely to have are those who have been arrested and prosecuted. 

Someone who controls themselves and avoids putting themselves in a situation where sexually harassing or harming a child could occur is very unlikely to voluntarily step forward. 

There is some evidence to suggest paedophiles have suffered some form of loss or abuse in their childhood.  This causes the brain to be wired in an "abnormal" way (not sure how to describe it).

If I recall correctly they can also struggle to form emotional bonds with others in a healthy way.

It's a very difficult subject bit I would certainly say it is psychological and not a gender.  It is absolutely illegal and 100% right to protect children. 

That said, as John has identified,  we as a species are very inconsistent with the law we make around this.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Psychology it is difficult because how do you research it?  The only subjects you are likely to have are those who have been arrested and prosecuted. 

Someone who controls themselves and avoids putting themselves in a situation where sexually harassing or harming a child could occur is very unlikely to voluntarily step forward. 

There is some evidence to suggest paedophiles have suffered some form of loss or abuse in their childhood.  This causes the brain to be wired in an "abnormal" way (not sure how to describe it).

If I recall correctly they can also struggle to form emotional bonds with others in a healthy way.

It's a very difficult subject bit I would certainly say it is psychological and not a gender.  It is absolutely illegal and 100% right to protect children. 

That said, as John has identified,  we as a species are very inconsistent with the law we make around this.

I get in trouble nearly every time I mention this but we also don't do ourselves any favours with having the internet be full of people offering to cave (non-offending) pedophiles heads in. Ideally we want pedophiles to seek help before they act, not force them into hiding so that they never receive that help. If the goal is the fewest number of children harmed, we're going about it the wrong way.

• Like 1

At what point does selecting what gender you identify as , start becoming I identify as a different age for example ? That might cause lots of problems in regards to laws . It sounds ridiculous but if you can make up genders you can make up ages and other things . 

As for transgender people possibly teaching kids or not . As much as I don't like all this gender nonsense let people live their lives how it makes them happy . Who cares . But it works both ways and if someone accidently calls someone a she or a he then get over it . 

As for the teaching thing , my child learns about Hitler in school and as far as I can tell he hasn't turned into a nazi.  Don't understand why anyone's bothered really 

• Thanks 1