Josem exposes QE2 drag queen photos

Broadcasterman

The continued existence of Josem in the Manx political sphere is a great curiosity. On one hand he seems to be the island's answer to Nigel Farage - destined to never be elected to power. On another level he seems to have undergone some sort of divine moral transformation. 

1 minute ago, 0bserver said:

The continued existence of Josem in the Manx political sphere is a great curiosity. On one hand he seems to be the island's answer to Nigel Farage - destined to never be elected to power. On another level he seems to have undergone some sort of divine moral transformation. 

He is absolutely certainly going to run again and attempt to get in on a God bothering ticket. I hope he fails.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HeliX said:

The "wish" to be the opposite sex comes from gender identity being not in line with sex.

I started writing a much longer reply, but you did it much more succinctly. 

Puts me in mind of Lynda in Gimme, Gimme, Gimme when she refers to being gay as being  'just lazy'.  

Edited by Gladys
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gladys said:

Puts me in mind of Lynda in Gimme, Gimme, Gimme when she refers to being gay as being  'just lazy'.  

I don’t know who you’re referring to (I shall research) but it gave me my first laugh of the day. Thanks! 

9 hours ago, Gladys said:

I started writing a much longer reply, but you did it much more succinctly. 

Yes, a quick run round with the lippy, a lick and a promise, and you're there girls. Anyone can sparkle if they just put in the effort. 

On 8/10/2023 at 6:54 PM, WTF said:

hmmmm ??

right.jpg

Because sex does equal gender, and If you are going to attempt to use this poorly thought out argument, you then have to explain the numerous burials found where the persons skeleton was identified as one thing, but the burial itself was identified as the other. There have been numerous burials found, where the skeleton is male, but the funerary rights, clothing, accessories, style etc were for someone who was female or third gender. And numerous burials found where the skeleton was identified as female, and yet the burial itself was for someone who would usually be considered male.

This is one of those comments that's up there with the "UHHHH APACHE HELICOPTER HUHHHHHHH" comment.

Il be dead is my answer to it, I could give a f*ck what any archaeologist thinks in a hundred years time when studying my bones. Il be dead, string me up on a pole and use me to teach a class about the wonders of the human body. Then give the students each a piece of me and have them attempt the 100m bone throw, with prizes handed out for who throws me the furthest.

21 hours ago, HeliX said:

He is absolutely certainly going to run again and attempt to get in on a God bothering ticket. I hope he fails.

I hope he fails too. I hate populists.

On 8/11/2023 at 4:10 PM, HeliX said:

Age is a demonstrable fact, gender isn't.

Until relatively recently gender and sex were synonymous in this context. And even today the hard sciences (being empirical) do not AFAIK recognise the modern woolly concept of gender. Only the non sciences - the ologies etc. The ologies and mind "sciences", even those which are sometimes sanctioned by real medicine, are an ever shifting set of beliefs and doctrines - rather like religion.

I want to live in a society which accepts people for who they are and who they want to be. That's partly about being honest. In which context we need to agree that men who identify as women are not women - however female they feel (though in some cases they may be representing or feeling what they imagine or idealise femininity to be). Semantics will not change that. They are not women. But we should happily accept and even celebrate their right to be people who identify as (probably idealised) women.

It is worth noting that men are the main issue here. It is men who are pushing the boundaries beyond logic - and it is men who are typically angrily over reacting to those boundardies being pushed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

Until relatively recently gender and sex were synonymous in this context.

Perhaps in some Western countries, but there's been third genders in other cultures for millenia. Obviously we know best because we're the west, but it's not a new concept that sex and gender are not hard-linked.

I want to live in a society which accepts people for who they are and who they want to be. That's partly about being honest. In which context we need to agree that men who identify as women are not women - however female they feel (though in some cases they may be representing or feeling what they imagine or idealise femininity to be). Semantics will not change that. They are not women.

It depends what you mean by that though. If you mean "they're not biologically women but I don't intend to use that distinction to restrict their rights" then sure who cares. The problem arises when that argument is a lead-in to "So they should be treated worse."

Edited by HeliX

24 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

I hope he fails too. I hate populists.

Until relatively recently gender and sex were synonymous in this context. And even today the hard sciences (being empirical) do not AFAIK recognise the modern woolly concept of gender. Only the non sciences - the ologies etc. The ologies and mind "sciences", even those which are sometimes sanctioned by real medicine, are an ever shifting set of beliefs and doctrines - rather like religion.

I want to live in a society which accepts people for who they are and who they want to be. That's partly about being honest. In which context we need to agree that men who identify as women are not women - however female they feel (though in some cases they may be representing or feeling what they imagine or idealise femininity to be). Semantics will not change that. They are not women. But we should happily accept and even celebrate their right to be people who identify as (probably idealised) women.

It is worth noting that men are the main issue here. It is men who are pushing the boundaries beyond logic - and it is men who are typically angrily over reacting to those boundardies being pushed.

Brilliant post. Absolutely agree but not sure about your third paragraph, not clear to me what you are saying.

But second paragraph hits the nail on the head.

6 minutes ago, HeliX said:

If you mean "they're not biologically women but I don't intend to use that distinction to restrict their rights" then sure who cares. The problem arises when that argument is a lead-in to "So they should be treated worse."

I think we just need to all agree that being a woman can only be a biological definition.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, genericUserName said:

I think we just need to all agree that being a woman can only be a biological definition.

But for what purpose and why? Like how are you then going to apply that definition in ways that relate to the real world? I couldn't really care less what something is defined as up until the point where that definition is used to grant or restrict specific freedoms.