Josem exposes QE2 drag queen photos

Broadcasterman

46 minutes ago, Ghost Ship said:

I can't speak for VOR but I'd certainly ask them because they've opened the door to the question by gratuitously telling me something about themself that I didn't need to know.  I'd reasonably assume that having voluntarily mentioned their trans status without any prompting from me that they would be more than happy to discuss aspects of their transition and how it's impacted on them.

Why else would anyone make a point of mentioning their trans status when introducing themselves to someone they didn't know if they weren't happy to answer any questions about it?

Sort of like what vegans do, you mean?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Mental health problems are real enough , without trying to trivialise them in a poor attempt at humour.

And yet you trivialise the discrimination and harassment faced by trans people. 

Not only that but you appear to question their mental health and suggest that they do not know how they feel.

49 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Really?  Would you ask a woman who said she had breast cancer whether she had had a mastectomy? 

ETA Surely you would ask if they were recovered and hoped they were able to get on with life? 

"Really?"

Well let me put it this way.

If I were a survivor of testicular cancer and introduced myself to somebody using that as a description of myself, I'd have no problem whatsoever in answering any questions they might have as to how many balls I had left.  In fact I'd probably make a point of explaining how surgery quite probably save my life.  And I'd sing the benefits of testicular examination to all and sundry.  (Well to all men anyway and to any trans-women who've not had genital surgery).

So yes - having been told without prompting that they were a survivor of breast cancer I'd see nothing wrong with asking if they'd had a mastectomy.  

Would I be wrong to ask them that question in a sincere manner?

(Oh - and of course I'd ask if they were now OK and fully recovered)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ghost Ship said:

The correct question would be:

"If somebody introduced themself to you IRL as Sarah, and told you they were a trans-woman, would you ask them if they had a penis?"

I can't speak for VOR but I'd certainly ask them because they've opened the door to the question by gratuitously telling me something about themself that I didn't need to know.  

But on the same principle that someone would only mention it if there was a reason, the only reason for asking if they had a penis would be if you would like to engage in activity with their aforementioned organ.

You may not have thought this one through.  (Or maybe you have).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ghost Ship said:

"Really?"

Well let me put it this way.

If I were a survivor of testicular cancer and introduced myself to somebody using that as a description of myself, I'd have no problem whatsoever in answering any questions they might have as to how many balls I had left.  In fact I'd probably make a point of explaining how surgery quite probably save my life.  And I'd sing the benefits of testicular examination to all and sundry.  (Well to all men anyway and to any trans-women who've not had genital surgery).

So yes - having been told without prompting that they were a survivor of breast cancer I'd see nothing wrong with asking if they'd had a mastectomy.  

Would I be wrong to ask them that question in a sincere manner?

(Oh - and of course I'd ask if they were now OK and fully recovered)

You may have no problem, but others may.  They may just want to get on with their new life be it sans breast, testicles or penis. So, why are you interested? 

Is it only a kind of prurient interest, or perhaps a desire to have 'proof' before you accede to their wish to be acknowledged as whatever gender they have presented?

It is neither relevent or justified. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

And yet you trivialise the discrimination and harassment faced by trans people. 

Not only that but you appear to question their mental health and suggest that they do not know how they feel.

No I don’t. Never have.

You made a cheap jibe.

You should apologise and we can move on

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ghost Ship said:

If I were a survivor of testicular cancer and introduced myself to somebody using that as a description of myself, I'd have no problem whatsoever in answering any questions they might have as to how many balls I had left.  

it's quite the revelation you had any to start with.

1 minute ago, manxman1980 said:

You do constantly by deny the difference between sex and gender.

I am not apologising to you so get over it.

I didn’t think you would. So there is nothing for me to get over. It’s what I expected.

I thought I’d just afford you the opportunity to do the decent thing.

No matter. 

• Haha 1