Scams

Lilly

On 1/30/2024 at 9:31 AM, Amadeus said:

Iom GSC entered the chat. 

They have indeed:

Scam warning issued over leaflets distributed across Island

The Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission says it's aware of scam leaflets doing the rounds.

It says ‘Millionaire House Club’ is not licensed by the Commission to undertake the promotion of gambling activities in, on or from the Island.

The company has overt references to the Isle of Man on its website.

The Commission says it is currently investigating contraventions of Manx gambling legislation by ‘Millionaire House Club’. 

The Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission is the statutory body over here charged with (amongst other things) the licensing, regulation and supervision of gambling activities.

Hopefully all of those involved in this crime will be rounded up immediately, including the Chairman of the Post Office.

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

They have indeed:

Scam warning issued over leaflets distributed across Island

The Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission says it's aware of scam leaflets doing the rounds.

It says ‘Millionaire House Club’ is not licensed by the Commission to undertake the promotion of gambling activities in, on or from the Island.

The company has overt references to the Isle of Man on its website.

The Commission says it is currently investigating contraventions of Manx gambling legislation by ‘Millionaire House Club’. 

The Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission is the statutory body over here charged with (amongst other things) the licensing, regulation and supervision of gambling activities.

Hopefully all of those involved in this crime will be rounded up immediately, including the Chairman of the Post Office.

Copy of the leaflet here too, yes the Post Office are implicit in this as they are circulating the information without carrying out due diligence?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/scam-warning-issued-over-leaflets-distributed-across-island/?fbclid=IwAR0omrtpbTuwMSgrx2mucsk1RzfLZ3JGA5iNH5JcGrg2BqUIt-x8Tyf2gBM

• Like 1

:D This actually made me laugh.  l got a text from a bank warning about romance scams.  It was a warning about using online dating, etc.  It would be interesting to hear if everyone has received this warning or if they have used data to target individuals   Just for clarification, l have never used such a site.  I do wonder if the banks are being more proactive due to the fact they have to refund you now.

3 minutes ago, Lilly said:

:D This actually made me laugh.  l got a text from a bank warning about romance scams.  It was a warning about using online dating, etc.  It would be interesting to hear if everyone has received this warning or if they have used data to target individuals   Just for clarification, l have never used such a site.  I do wonder if the banks are being more proactive due to the fact they have to refund you now.

I got it as well... so i dont think it is being targeted at certain people... considering my partner is a joint account holder 

2 hours ago, Lilly said:

Just for clarification, l have never used such a site.  I do wonder if the banks are being more proactive due to the fact they have to refund you now.

You can claim refunds through the bank for dating sites?    I thought she'd made that excuse up! 

• Haha 1