Follow the Manxman from South Korea

Albert Tatlock

19 hours ago, 2112 said:

CM Cannan

Kate Lord Brennan

Professor Ashford - he will no doubt have an intimate working knowledge of the Manxman

Minister Thomas - another expert who no doubt will have knowledge of roro car ferries

Clare Barber - will want to see what it’s catering facilities are like - shop local and all that

Tim Johnson - on behalf of the farmers 

Alex Allinson - to see where money is wasted, and do nothing.

Jane Poole Wilson - perhaps the Manxman has cells? 

Julie Edge - how does the grub compare to school dinners?

Hooperman - has the Manxman got medical facilities?

Mr Squeaker - maybe he will want to check the onboard shop, and buy some paracetamol? 

Daphne to hoist the sails?

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, swoopy2110 said:

I hope they have an open day for the public when she arrives in Douglas, like they did for the Ben.

I remember that too. It was a bit of an embarrassment because she was in her original state without the two additional lounge areas added later. People were walking into the (only decent sized) passenger space, the lounge/restaurant, and saying "Is that it?" It was certainly a culture shock after being used to proper passenger boats with accommodation the full length of the vessel.

3 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

She's leving Southampton on Fri eve at 20:00.

I thought she was staying there for a fit out?

Not sure if she's heading to the Isle.

Fitted a kids play area I believe. Not sure what else might have been done. If she’s arriving on Sunday must be up to something else along the way as doesn’t take that long to arrive at Douglas .

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

She’s still not going to be allowed to sail with passengers any time soon. 

Do you not think they’ll have had the marine evacuation system pre approved in principle by IoM Marine Administration, at the design stage.

Multiple chutes and slides and flexible life raft are much faster and safer than conventional lifeboats on davits dangling over the side and being lowered.

There'll need to be at least one inspection and trial deployment.

5 hours ago, Omobono said:

No doubt there will be a booze cruise for Tynwald members  chief executives and the cronies from the chamber of commerce ,

Good. At least from what we know about the new boat, I think that would be a well merited celebration. I reserve the right to change that opinion if I discover that Manxman is lacking in outside passenger space or I find that beer will be served in floppy single-use plastic glasses. 😈

I do feel though that, a bit like particularly naughty schoolchildren not being allowed to go on the annual school trip, those politicians and civil servants implicated in the airport, Liverpool dock, prom (etc.) fiascos should not be allowed to go on the booze cruise. Instead they should be kept behind in a hot classroom, writing out "I must not waste taxpayers' money and I must ensure delivery of fit-for-purpose, value-for-money services and infrastructure." several hundred times.

Edited by Yibble
  • Haha 2