Follow the Manxman from South Korea

Albert Tatlock

I see that IOMG are putting out Facebook press releases welcoming the arrival of the Manxman. Considering the IOM Steam Packet is supposed to be an ‘arms length company’, it seems that IOMG and the civil servants will have the noses in the trough now they have a new toy to play with. I bet when the politicos get their VIP reception, no doubt IOMG official state photographer will be on hand to record these monumental proceedings. Maybe a picture of Minister Thomas on the Bridge, and CM Cannan next to the lifeboat (or the bar). 

Just now, 2112 said:

I see that IOMG are putting out Facebook press releases welcoming the arrival of the Manxman. Considering the IOM Steam Packet is supposed to be an ‘arms length company’, it seems that IOMG and the civil servants will have the noses in the trough now they have a new toy to play with. I bet when the politicos get their VIP reception, no doubt IOMG official state photographer will be on hand to record these monumental proceedings. Maybe a picture of Minister Thomas on the Bridge, and CM Cannan next to the lifeboat (or the bar). 

Anyone want to chip in for a plank of wood?

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, 2112 said:

I see that IOMG are putting out Facebook press releases welcoming the arrival of the Manxman. Considering the IOM Steam Packet is supposed to be an ‘arms length company’

IOMG were also posting on Facebook to congratulate a blind girl at Ballakermeen setting up a (genuinely interesting) podcast. It’s a conspiraceeeee.

• Haha 1

For all those who slavishly slobber and think that IOMG can do no wrong, people’s taxes are being used employing a civil servant to enter social media posts. Hardly a productive use of taxpayer funds is it, especially when it’s constantly blowing their own trumpet. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Bombay Bad Boy said:

Ships are traditionally 'she', but I guess this one would prefer to identify as a Manx man. 

Don't start, I can see the press release now.

"Isle of Man Government circle jerks over amending its ship register to allow for the world's first gender fluid boat."

Meanwhile, all public services burn.

On 6/29/2023 at 11:22 AM, Roger Mexico said:

And not just during evacuations.  Lifeboat testing is a major cause of accidents on board ships.

But it’s fun to go down the slide. Not so much fun sitting in a wet and hot life raft after. We did it with the lady of man in Liverpool years ago. 

In case anyone cares I haven’t received any kind of official invite to see the thing (and not aware DBC did even though steamy asked for use of Douglas head) and the email I sent the marketing dude I know there hasn’t even been answered, so I’ll be watching it arrive together with the great Manx public from Douglas head. 

• Haha 1