Follow the Manxman from South Korea

Albert Tatlock

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

I think the government need to work on getting the locals some more productive hobbies 😂

Hundreds of people planning their day and making a special effort to look at a boat that is going to spend the next 20 years coming and going from Douglas .

Shut your face misery guts. Let people get their joy from wherever they can. It’s not affecting you is it? 

• Like 10

56 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

If that is aimed  at me then it couldn’t be further from the truth.  As Manx as it’s possible to be, paid up member of the familiy history society and pages cupboards full of news clipping about relatives and what they achieved as significant contributors to the island over hundreds of years.

If anyone thinks not getting out of bed on a Sunday to drive and look at a boat means someone isn’t manx or loyal to the island then than is possibly indicative of how narrow minded many manxies are.

I am interested the island getting a newer and better boat.  It’s great news and the pictures of the interior look superb. But it’s just a boat that I will see thousands of times over the coming years.

The plastic manxies are the ones who get excited about something like this or who turn up in Castletown square suddenly interested The Tour de France just because Cav is in it, watch on the big screen and don’t understand why he didn’t win 🙄.  There were a few of those yesterday, absolute whoppers.

Anyway.  The boat looks like a boat and I hope those who are currently stuck in traffic to catch a glimpse feel it was a worthwhile trip.

Thankfully for the rest of us there is always a resident geek at these dull events to post about it on Twitter

Whine whine whine whine whine…

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Shut your face misery guts. Let people get their joy from wherever they can. It’s not affecting you is it? 

Haha well said. So many miserables here moaning about new stuff, others enjoying themselves. Get some lives will you and do something that makes you happy and stop focusing on stuff that makes you moan moan moan. Isle of Moan inc.

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Ze boat ze boat 

I think for the comedic effect you are seeking, the phrase is "Das boot".

Nice photos btw.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

They haven't got the history, the knowledge or the feeling. Plastic people Glad, with no roots or connection. There's soon to be a new boat in the morning. 

Not being funny, but I feel that can refer to certain of our politicians.

35 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

I’d guess that most of the rubber necks still have photos on their phone of the Russian boat that came during lockdown- equally bewildering excitement 

There will be someone linked to this forum who was no doubt up to post the first known picture in the bay. 

38 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

“joy” 😂

I get joy from spending time with family and friends and seeing them achieve new things and be happy.

Joy comes from making music, or cooking an outstanding meal.  Anyone who gets joy from committing hours of their life to looking at a boat that is going to be a daily view for decades is a bit lacking in my humble opinion.

Its great for the island, but sitting in traffic to go an look at it when it will still be there this afternoon is a bit sad.  If it was a liner making a one off visit, or even The Ben leaving for the last time I could sort of get it.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

“joy” 😂

I get joy from spending time with family and friends and seeing them achieve new things and be happy.

Joy comes from making music, or cooking an outstanding meal.  Anyone who gets joy from committing hours of their life to looking at a boat that is going to be a daily view for decades is a bit lacking in my humble opinion.

Its great for the island, but sitting in traffic to go an look at it when it will still be there this afternoon is a bit sad.  If it was a liner making a one off visit, or even The Ben leaving for the last time I could sort of get it.

Good for you.  Most people get joy from the same things, and some get joy from seeing other things.  Why pour cold water on it? 

I wouldn't have gone to see her come in for the first time at 9 this morning, if it was a bit later then I may have gone.  But that doesn't mean those who did should be criticised. 

Live and let live, allow others the joy they get.  It must be a sad way to live to always find something to criticise. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

I’m happy that the island has a new boat, but not to the point of inane happiness and delirium exhibited by people, many of whom will never use the Manxman. After all the money having been spent, the sooner the Manxman is sailing commercially the better, and not used as a feel good propaganda tool by IOMG. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1