Follow the Manxman from South Korea

Albert Tatlock

2 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

So easy and predictable.

Is that language towards another poster acceptable ?

Report it then.

You're an full on asshole, the absolute worst poster on this site and have been in your various accounts for years. You (and the other multi account dickhead) have fully ruined this forum. I wouldn't put up with it if I was in the pub.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Report it then.

You're an full on asshole, the absolute worst poster on this site and have been in your various accounts for years. You (and the other multi account dickhead) have fully ruined this forum. I wouldn't put up with it if I was in the pub.

@TheTeapotwell said!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Report it then.

Couldn't agree more.  There used to be good debate, posters were respectfully opinionated and also some good banter.  Not much of that any more, just anything IOMG does is shit, DBC is shit and anyone posting anything positive is shot down.

I see PSH has taken a break recently, (with the return of some absent posters).  I suppose we can be grateful for that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Couldn't agree more.  There used to be good debate, posters were respectfully opinionated and also some good banter. 

To be fair you totally overate your contribution to this forum if that’s your view. You only have to see how few posters actually post here now the forum is closed to new accounts. It’s just the same old closed minded rump of largely retired moaners moaning about everything.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The Victorians would have really made a great event of it with a brass band  playing and everyone of importance being there in their finery but it was still great to see the enthusiasm of the people greeting this new boat there are some cracking photos online.   I listened to it on MR , it is a cause for celebration in my eyes because we own it not like in the day when shareholders had a percentage or when foreign companies bought it and plundered the assets.   A great day indeed.

• Like 3

I'm a tad confused(a state that is fast becoming the norm). Was there not supposed to be millions spent on new Dolphins and dredging to innable the new boat to berth, if so was it undertaken by ninja civil engineers under cover of darkness. I think but don't quote  me the figure £7,000,000 was bandied about or was this the cost for the subdifuege of a cruise ship berth.

If it was later found the extra engineering and dredging were not not indeed needed is this the first time a gov fuck up has saved us money.

Edited by Dirty Buggane
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I'm a tad confused(a state that is fast becoming the norm). Was there not supposed to be millions spent on new Dolphins and dredging to innable the new boat to berth, if so was it undertaken by ninja civil engineers under cover of darkness. I think but don't quote  me the figure £7,000,000 was bandied about or was this the cost for the subdifuege of a cruise ship berth.

I thought that is to be carried out later this year. Maybe the Ben will be tied up in a port in the UK, and the Mannanan berthed on the other side of the Victoria Pier. Manxman will probably use the Mannanan berth whilst the works are carried out. 

When the new linkspan was put in place the only reason the harbour could function was due to the steam packet floating linkspan being in place at the south side of the Edward pier. The work barges and cranes that are required would in all probability make it impossible for Manxman to maneuver in the confines. Also if they needed them they had months to have them in ace before winter, which i imagine they are for so as to prevent damage to the boat during easterly gales.

Or we could just lengthen the breakwater across the bay and install lock gates and water turbines solving our green generation as well in one stroke

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

To be fair you totally overate your contribution to this forum if that’s your view. You only have to see how few posters actually post here now the forum is closed to new accounts. It’s just the same old closed minded rump of largely retired moaners moaning about everything.

I don't rate my contribution at all.   That is for  others to do. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I don't rate my contribution at all.   That is for  others to do. 

Oh but you did you need to re read your comment. You placed a higher value on your supposed contribution to this forum than those of others. FYI there’s a forum ranking and reputation part of this site which clearly shows the feedback received on posters posts which clearly reflect how people actually regard the posts of others. I’d say that is a more reliable gauge as to what people really think about a posters contribution than one posters bias moan.

https://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/pastleaders/

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Haha 1

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

Oh but you did you need to re read your comment. You placed a higher value on your supposed contribution to this forum than those of others. FYI there’s a forum ranking and reputation part of this site which clearly shows the feedback received on posters posts which clearly reflect how people actually regard the posts of others. 

Where do I say it was my contribution that made a difference?  

FYI, I know there is a ranking system, but I give that as much credence as likes on FB. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

FYI, I know there is a ranking system, but I give that as much credence as likes on FB. 

What you mean like Facebook it’s a true reflection of who actually likes the content of a poster regardless of what some overly opinionated posters might think or say? 

• Confused 1