Follow the Manxman from South Korea

Albert Tatlock

Just now, TheTeapot said:

Interesting that you raise this point, when one of the main reasons is likely you.

Really? I seriously doubt that based on the totally idiotic fantasy assessment that I got from a moderator a few weeks ago. The fact appears to be that hardly anyone seems to be posting here currently. It’s a bit like the Twitter blockers I imagine. If you block all content you don’t like then eventually you feed is just full of a handful of people who 100% agree with you so there’s no real debate anymore and people give up. 

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

Really? I seriously doubt that based on the totally idiotic fantasy assessment that I got from a moderator a few weeks ago. The fact appears to be that hardly anyone seems to be posting here currently. It’s a bit like the Twitter blockers I imagine. If you block all content you don’t like then eventually you feed is just full of a handful of people who 100% agree with you so there’s no real debate anymore and people give up. 

People stop posting when every single thread is full of angry fucking toss generated by either your 1000 different accounts (with even more generated whenever you overstep the mark and get banned) or those of the other prick Notwell. Both of you are clearly awful people. Must be boredom. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Interesting that you raise this point, when one of the main reasons is likely you.

Technically the reason was the recent spam attack. I guess we can reopen registrations now. 

24 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

What you mean like Facebook it’s a true reflection of who actually likes the content of a poster regardless of what some overly opinionated posters might think or say? 

No, it is a true reflection of those who care enough to like, who are able to see the post and are on FB. 

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

People stop posting when every single thread is full of angry fucking toss generated by either your 1000 different accounts (with even more generated whenever you overstep the mark and get banned) or those of the other prick Notwell. Both of you are clearly awful people. Must be boredom. 

Really? I can see my forum score and it’s absolutely fine in terms of feedback from other posters on the content I post. I’d certainly place much more reliance on that feedback to be fair rather than one persons comment. The rest is complete fantasy nonsense again repeated ad infinitum. At least I pay a subscription to help keep this platform remain open unlike opinionated people like yourself who seem to contribute little financially to keep the forum going but equally seem to expect that the forum content aligns with things only you find acceptable. As I said not unlike the Twitter blockers. I only want to hear content from people I agree with regardless of the feedback others have expressed on anything. This forum has a block facility. I use it selectively. It’s better than demanding that all posts you read on a platform have to align with what you want to see. Just don’t read them if you don’t like another poster. It really is that easy. 

Edited by offshoremanxman

54 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

What you mean like Facebook it’s a true reflection of who actually likes the content of a poster regardless of what some overly opinionated posters might think or say? 

It’s really not.  If I laugh at a stupid post someone makes does that go towards their “reputation”?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I'm a tad confused(a state that is fast becoming the norm). Was there not supposed to be millions spent on new Dolphins and dredging to innable the new boat to berth, if so was it undertaken by ninja civil engineers under cover of darkness. I think but don't quote  me the figure £7,000,000 was bandied about or was this the cost for the subdifuege of a cruise ship berth.

If it was later found the extra engineering and dredging were not not indeed needed is this the first time a gov fuck up has saved us money.

I think the existing infrastructure is able to cope with the new boat, but it's at the limit of its capabilities and there will be difficulties in prolonged bad weather for instance.  So work was always needed, but was left to last minutes and so has become much more expensive than predicted.   They're aiming to have it mostly done this autumn and hoping nothing will go wrong before the work is finished.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

It’s really not.  If I laugh at a stupid post someone makes does that go towards their “reputation”?

It does indeed, though you can look under someone's reputation to see how the total reputation is made up from between the five reactions.  But of course there's no way of distinguishing between someone reacting 'haha' because someone said something funny and 'haha' meaning you think the post was stupid.  Emojis are not an unambiguous way of letting people know what you think.

I'd like to think that some posters would stop doing passive- aggressive 'haha's and 'confused's when they realise all they are doing is boosting their target's 'reputation'.  But I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think the existing infrastructure is able to cope with the new boat, but it's at the limit of its capabilities and there will be difficulties in prolonged bad weather for instance.  So work was always needed, but was left to last minutes and so has become much more expensive than predicted.   They're aiming to have it mostly done this autumn and hoping nothing will go wrong before the work is finished.

the Dolphin  will not last 5 minutes ,first strong north easterly wind and a bump from the manxman and it will be gone , best results would have been to sheet pile  out from the end of the Edward pier and extend it to seaward by several metres and drop the old block house and rubble into it , and later when the money is available build the new harbour control office  there ,as since the walkway between the 2 piers has been built its impossible to get a decent view to seaward or around the outer harbour ,  but that takes some forward vision , !