Follow the Manxman from South Korea

Albert Tatlock

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

In a Douglas bar an 'exuberant' patron can be ejected, not so on a boat.

On a works day out, one of our party got seriously obstreperous for the return journey, neither we nor the pursuer could keep him in control!!! Ashore, he'd have been thrown out, poss police informed and end of matter but the SP don't have that option, there's aname for a  holding cell on a boat but I don't think the SP would want that publicity???

They do have a cell for such circumstances, but only used in extreme. They just tolerate the odd drunk. 

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

They do have a cell for such circumstances, but only used in extreme. They just tolerate the odd drunk. 

Is that because they are tolerant or because they don't want the adverse publicity???

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Are you sure. We saw them telling a group of ladies that they could only consume drinks bought from the bar. This was only a couple of weeks ago on the mannanan. I am prepared to stand corrected. 

If the security staff find alcohol in your luggage they will insist you put it in the hold until you disembark, I have seen this happen numerous times. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Banker said:

Cracking article from Gef on some locals whining they’re not getting a free cruise around island 

https://gef.im/news/transport/fury-as-steam-packet-sell-tickets-38660/?fbclid=IwAR1STHPmhphf59eniqkhnuRkiCE5jGacxepLrUUgweMAVPkZmMfRdtZCFDY

That's a really good article. I went off GEF when he became Howie's whore but I think he's well and truly learned his lesson from that one and, like the rest of us, will keep away from as many goverment intitiaitives as possible.

People have forgotten to be grateful. I know we're bomabarded with bad news and I know whe're all going to hell in a handcart (again) but we really do seem to be coercing a lot of people into becomeing extremely entitiitled and grabbing out at everything and anything that they believe is their sovereign right.

There's nothing like the daily practice of gratitude to lift the spirits and show us all the wonderful things we have around us. We've never lived in a time of more abundance and yet the daily practice seems to be one of lack.

I wish we'd get back to basics a bit more. Being grateful leads to a happier life and the more grateful we are the more we receive. I mean, why would we get any more if we can't appreciate and look after what we already have.

Gef summed it all up rather well and I hope it made the whiners think a little.

Anyway, I've applied for the ballot. It's well worth 35 squids for a four hour cruise (£8.75 an hour) to see the island from a brand new boat before it gets trashed. I might even wear a frock.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, newaccount said:

How is £35 for a 4 hours round the island cruise acceptable - yet when the Steam Packet charge that to get to the UK everyone says it's a rip off

£35 quid to end up where you started isn't the same thing, it's worse than taxi drivers.

Edited by WTF
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

That's a really good article. I went off GEF when he became Howie's whore but I think he's well and truly learned his lesson from that one and, like the rest of us, will keep away from as many goverment intitiaitives as possible.

People have forgotten to be grateful. I know we're bomabarded with bad news and I know whe're all going to hell in a handcart (again) but we really do seem to be coercing a lot of people into becomeing extremely entitiitled and grabbing out at everything and anything that they believe is their sovereign right.

There's nothing like the daily practice of gratitude to lift the spirits and show us all the wonderful things we have around us. We've never lived in a time of more abundance and yet the daily practice seems to be one of lack.

I wish we'd get back to basics a bit more. Being grateful leads to a happier life and the more grateful we are the more we receive. I mean, why would we get any more if we can't appreciate and look after what we already have.

Gef summed it all up rather well and I hope it made the whiners think a little.

Anyway, I've applied for the ballot. It's well worth 35 squids for a four hour cruise (£8.75 an hour) to see the island from a brand new boat before it gets trashed. I might even wear a frock.

I agree

How do you get to enter the ballot? 

I would love to do the cruise. I won't wear a frock though