Follow the Manxman from South Korea

Albert Tatlock

14 hours ago, 0bserver said:

To be fair both sides of the political divide are the problem. 

As we see now in the UK the extreme right of the Tory party continues to destabilise the party as it clings to power. Meanwhile the extreme left of Labour continues to undermine the leadership of the opposition as they throw a tantrum that Corbyn is no longer leader. 

Starmer has removed the Left from all positions of influence, whereas the Right Wing Loons are running the country (into the ground).

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2023 at 6:49 PM, John Wright said:

Wow, we are agreed on something. It’s one of the reasons I maintain my Exec Club membership. Quiet space, and, as the limited booze offering is free the service doesn’t stop at the demarcation line..

Is the other reason the screaming children running around? I heard several announcements drifting up the stairs the other evening. I presume the staff will still fetch a drink from the bar? I’ve not bothered on last few trips 

2 hours ago, The Old Git said:

Is the other reason the screaming children running around? I heard several announcements drifting up the stairs the other evening. I presume the staff will still fetch a drink from the bar? I’ve not bothered on last few trips 

I’m not bothered by kids behaving like kids. It’s the adults getting uptight, and shouting and screaming at the kids, who are the bother.

Yes, the stewards will bring a drink from the bar, whilst it is open.

5 hours ago, Whiskey said:

I can’t imagine why the IOM has a reputation as 85000 alcoholics clinging to a rock. 

You know it was described as that, in different, but no less unflattering,  terms and ascribed to a lower population by AW Moore, who was Speaker of the Keys, in 1900, in his two volume History of the Isle of Man

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Roxanne said:

I don’t know. I had visions of me, in my frock (and sun hat) on a steamer deck chair looking out over the island, sipping camomile from my 1950’s vintage flask, exchanging the odd greeting with a passing soul but now it appears I’ve entered a ballot for a booze cruise? This won’t do. No sir. 

.........and listening to a wind up phonograph? I'll bring my striped blazer and boater, what?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

You know it was described as that, in different, but no less unflattering,  terms and ascribed to a lower population by AW Moore, who was Speaker of the Keys, in 1900, in his two volume History of the Isle of Man

I don't know why but I thought it was Mick Jaggers quote.