Follow the Manxman from South Korea

Albert Tatlock

10 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Big day tomorrow, Fellas! 

I hear Uncle Alf and Dr. Waffle are on the first sailing! 

Those poor passengers in the Executive Lounge, having to put up with them, unless CM Cannan has got a cabin? I wonder if he has his latest squeeze with him? 

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Those poor passengers in the Executive Lounge, having to put up with them, unless CM Cannan has got a cabin? I wonder if he has his latest squeeze with him? 

who did you think the double bed cabin was for ??  

• Like 1

Nice profit.

Noticed this :

Operating expenses incurred by the organisation see staff costs - not including wages and salaries - of roughly £15.5 million, £1.2 million spend on repairs and maintenance, almost £14 million on fuel.

The Manxman is considerably more fuel efficient than the Ben and the Manannan so profits should go up.

I'm hoping therefore that the shareholders, us, see a divvy in reduced fares...

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

Nice profit.

Noticed this :

Operating expenses incurred by the organisation see staff costs - not including wages and salaries - of roughly £15.5 million, £1.2 million spend on repairs and maintenance, almost £14 million on fuel.

The Manxman is considerably more fuel efficient than the Ben and the Manannan so profits should go up.

I'm hoping therefore that the shareholders, us, see a divvy in reduced fares...

Treasury already announced a dividend to be pulled from the Steamie in the Budget earlier this year, meaning that the Steamie is serving its intended purpose of plugging the Treasury's gaps.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Treasury already announced a dividend to be pulled from the Steamie in the Budget earlier this year, meaning that the Steamie is serving its intended purpose of plugging the Treasury's gaps.

That's not a bad thing though is it? 

26 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

That's not a bad thing though is it? 

Anyone got a set of Accounts?  Do they know you can only declare a dividend with profit? 

With the purchase of the new boat and the fuel costs recently, I'd be very suprised if they make a decent profit in the next year or two.  Will they pay for the use/build of the £80M shed in Liverpool somehow? 

Just now, The Phantom said:

Anyone got a set of Accounts?  Do they know you can only declare a dividend with profit? 

With the purchase of the new boat and the fuel costs recently, I'd be very suprised if they make a decent profit in the next year or two.  Will they pay for the use/build of the £80M shed in Liverpool somehow? 

Good point, but the construction costs are likely to be amortised or dealt with through loan repayments are they not? 

They are said to be paying to use the shed (I prefer sink hole). 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Good point, but the construction costs are likely to be amortised or dealt with through loan repayments are they not? 

No idea, I'd have to see a set of Accounts.  Now it's owned by Govt, god knows what kind of creative accounting will be going on. 

"Revenue again sees large boosts in comparison to 2021, sitting at £72.2 million, with the majority of that figure being generated from passengers and freight."  What else would they get their revenue from?  

7 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

No idea, I'd have to see a set of Accounts.  Now it's owned by Govt, god knows what kind of creative accounting will be going on. 

"Revenue again sees large boosts in comparison to 2021, sitting at £72.2 million, with the majority of that figure being generated from passengers and freight."  What else would they get their revenue from?  

Chartering out Arrow, and possibly Manannan in the winter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Phantom said:

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

The accounts will be available.

Yes, the loan to build Manxman will be repaid, the value of Manxman, and all other assets, will be depreciated.

The covid loan will be repaid.

The cost of purchase, over and above assets, will be paid out of income over 6 years, just like they said when the purchase was agreed.

They'll stop leasing their bit of the floating landing stage, passenger terminal, check in and car marshalling area from Peel. Reduction in expenditure.

They’ll have a lease or user agreement from IoMG on the new terminal and link span for which they’ll pay. Increase in expenditure.

Lord knows what they’ll do with the Ben, or Manannan, out of season. Having the Ben means they could charter out Arrow on a longer term basis. They say they’d like to explore sale of Ben. Yet she’s already had to step in and resume Manxman sailings after just one passenger rotation.

As for fuel, the 2023 fuel cost for 2023 will be less than 2022. Fuel cost is well below 2022 peak. The £11 million profit is after taking into account fuel costs rising from £6 million to £15 million in 2022.  Plus Manxman is more fuel efficient than Ben. There’s also an interesting £8million additional income item ( not included in the £11 million ) from profit on dollar hedging the Manxman construction costs.

• Like 1