Follow the Manxman from South Korea

Albert Tatlock

9 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

That’s true - but I seem to recall that the Ben was considered to be “top heavy” and unstable in bad weather, when first delivered to the island.

I'm sure they've done some work to improve her over the years. But how much of that initial criticism was just the perception of the Manx Public? 

As a collective, we don't trust anything new... Ben-My-Chree arrives and people considered it to be worse than the King Orry/Lady of Mann... Manxman arrives and people consider it to be worse than the Ben..

Same at the airport when Euromanx appeared people called for Manx Airlines to come back, Flybe replaced them and people wanted Euromanx back, Easyjet gradually took over the dominant share of routes and some bemoan the loss of Flybe..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

I'm sure they've done some work to improve her over the years. But how much of that initial criticism was just the perception of the Manx Public? 

As a collective, we don't trust anything new... Ben-My-Chree arrives and people considered it to be worse than the King Orry/Lady of Mann... Manxman arrives and people consider it to be worse than the Ben..

Same at the airport when Euromanx appeared people called for Manx Airlines to come back, Flybe replaced them and people wanted Euromanx back, Easyjet gradually took over the dominant share of routes and some bemoan the loss of Flybe..

She was too heavy and they had to add ballast. Serious amounts of ballast.

• Like 1

Seem to remember her having to carry trailer tanks full of water(the type that fit articulated lorrys) so they could work out how much and placement, before having it permanently added. Also heard it was due to specs in plate thickness being changed, In an attempt to save one and six cost a fortune to fix bleedin accountants they know not what they do. 5mm instead of 6mm causing her to ride high in the water and be a bit lively due to reduced weight cased by thinner plate.

Edited by Dirty Buggane