Follow the Manxman from South Korea

Albert Tatlock

Currently going for another lap by the look of things. Or trying the various approaches while the weather is nice and rough? They’ve been out almost 24h now. Man I would love to be on that thing right now. Gotta be so much fun :) 

IMG_7045.jpeg

IMG_7044.jpeg

IMG_7042.jpeg

IMG_5077.jpeg

IMG_5080.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

its the manoeuvre at slow speed in the confines of a tricky and windy harbour  that take some mastering ,  and weather the nozzles are strong enough to push the ship against the strong wind and the quayside wall  , very easily run aground or put a hole in her ,

I bet the crew have been looking at ways of tethering some of the tables and chairs ,which from the footage of her riding the storm  will be sliding everywhere , and those tall slender drinks glasses wont stand up either , 

so I guess this is why they are keen to have the shakedown trials in a decent sea breeze  

1 hour ago, RoundTheCourse said:

Can't help wondering what the climate change brigade are thinking about all this steaming about.

Well some, not all mind (people are not as extreme and polarised as you like try to make out) probably think it is an essential service, so if we are going to expend carbon then better that than some old chuff wobbling round for a lap.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 3:47 PM, RoundTheCourse said:

Can't help wondering what the climate change brigade are thinking about all this steaming about.

Most people think shipping is better than flying and so it is what it is.

You seem to be spouting this bollocks in every thread. Reminds me of a few people who recently departed this parish after spouting bollocks one too many times. Must be a coincidence! 

9 minutes ago, Happier diner said:
On 8/19/2023 at 5:54 PM, WTF said:

thick wankers to most people.

I think you may have it the wrong way around. (As the actress said to the Bishop)

You mean, most thick people wank.

Therefore most people who wank are thick. Sound logical - for Manx Forums, anyway. But I think this needs to be confirmed by the feminist part of society - but they are all too polite to take part in this kind of scientific analysis.

And they have no sense of humour. Did you ever wonder about that? Everything is down to evolution, genetics, procreation and stuff - in other words, sex. Why do women need 50 pairs of shoes, none of which are suitable for walking in? Evolution, genetics, sex.

The one thing (of many) that I cannot work out is what part of evolution resulted in women having no sense of humour.

Of course, it could be just the women I have known (so to speak) have no sense of humour.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

You mean, most thick people wank.

Therefore most people who wank are thick. Sound logical - for Manx Forums, anyway. But I think this needs to be confirmed by the feminist part of society - but they are all too polite to take part in this kind of scientific analysis.

And they have no sense of humour. Did you ever wonder about that? Everything is down to evolution, genetics, procreation and stuff - in other words, sex. Why do women need 50 pairs of shoes, none of which are suitable for walking in? Evolution, genetics, sex.

The one thing (of many) that I cannot work out is what part of evolution resulted in women having no sense of humour.

Of course, it could be just the women I have known (so to speak) have no sense of humour.

Bloody hell.  Do you also post as Kopek, but later in the day? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

And another thing. How do women walk with their arms folded? Men don't. A man folds his arms and he ain't going nowhere. Not going to budge an inch. Not women though. They can stride down the street with their arms folded.

This arms-folded stuff has a cultural significance.

I doubt that I will get answers here though.

• Haha 1