Follow the Manxman from South Korea

Albert Tatlock

11 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

It'll not be complete until the traditional SP smells of diesel, vomit and the cafeteria hotplate have seeped into the upholstery, carpets and fittings... 😂

That can be recreated using a spray these days, “Essence de Paquet de Vapeur”

4 hours ago, Zarley said:

Maybe they're diverting attention from the fact that the opening of the Liverpool shed is once again being delayed  - until March 2024 this time. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/further-delay-for-opening-of-new-liverpool-ferry-terminal/ 

And so can’t believe the price isn’t going to be far more than previously suggested too. Drip feed the bad news is in order I feel… 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

I thought it was replacing the Mannanan? Clearly with the cabins it is replacing the Ben. Or is it going to do both Heysham and Liverpool sailings? Anyone....??

I believe that the current ferries will both be retained? 

31 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

And so can’t believe the price isn’t going to be far more than previously suggested too. Drip feed the bad news is in order I feel… 

The Koreans are efficient and honorable, like the Japanese. They don't jack up the price like the British, and they deliver on time! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Max Power said:

The Koreans are efficient and honorable, like the Japanese. They don't jack up the price like the British, and they deliver on time! 

So will the Manxman be capable of sailing to Liverpool during the winter?

12 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Drip feed the costs is related to the Terminal not the Manxman 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

So will the Manxman be capable of sailing to Liverpool during the winter?

Yes, this years timetable showed it sailing to Liverpool Saturday and Sunday morning and back at 2pm (so no daytrips still!). Obviously that will be changed now the new terminals won't be ready.