Follow the Manxman from South Korea

Albert Tatlock

2 minutes ago, woolley said:

No. They are working to a directive that raw sewage should not be discharged to the sea, which is not the same thing. The prevailing currents take the effluent away from the beach, and the bathing water is excellent most of the time. It has no bearing on me, or on property prices that I can make out, whatsoever.

Why are you derailing this thread with a different subject? In fact, why are you on here at all?

They?

MU?

May be trying to get the Sh1t off Laxey beach but the Laxey residents are fighting to to try and make them pump it to Meary Veg.

That means that your Laxey beach has untreated Human Shit and Sanitary Pads/ Condoms contaminating the Laxey beach for about the next 6 to 7 years like Peel did/ does until they realised they are not getting their own way, and have now relented, to get human waste off their beaches 🙂

I suggest you follow Peel Town Comms and just say yes, it will keep your property price okay.

Who wants their house to look over a beach that has human waste on it 24/7?

3 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

They?

MU?

May be trying to get the Sh1t off Laxey beach but the Laxey residents are fighting to to try and make them pump it to Meary Veg.

That means that your Laxey beach has untreated Human Shit and Sanitary Pads/ Condoms contaminating the Laxey beach for about the next 6 to 7 years like Peel did/ does until they realised they are not getting their own way, and have now relented, to get human waste off their beaches 🙂

I suggest you follow Peel Town Comms and just say yes, it will keep your property price okay.

Who wants their house to look over a beach that has human waste on it 24/7?

You clearly know as much about this as you know about tug hire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, News Deliverer said:

You’re just the latest bullying victim of people who are basically just cunts. Most of them haven’t achieved much anyway in real life so get their jollies off being twats to other anonymous people on an anonymous forum. You need to appreciate the irony of that. 

Hi Blade.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The man is a fucking idiot.

Agreed

Blade Runner

I am a Manxman who after 32 years growing up on the IOM has lived in the UK since  1990

I visit 3 or 4 times each year visiting family and all the wonderful things that the Island has to offer - including the TT and all the fantastic history and scenery.

I have viewed this forum for many many years but as an expat have never until now chosen to comment on things that do not directly impact me.

If you had any sense of integrity and of any sense of yourself you would only comment on issues within your chosen community in “Gods Country”

You are an idiot and I’m sure the island is much better off without you

Regards

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, woolley said:

I am all for transparency about how public money is spent, but that's a different matter. I don't see that it is the SPCo's duty to debunk every crackpot with an internet connection who has decided that the new boat has multiple shortcomings. It's not for them to give a running commentary about the minutiae of their day to day operations. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating. If the new boat makes fewer sailings than the old one did over a comparable winter, then we'll know, won't we?

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Of course it's not the IOMSPCo's responsibility to debunk theories or provide details of their everyday operation.

By the way, I never said it was...

The folks on the island have made a large investment in Manxman and they have a right to know what's going on with it.

To my mind the Manxman sheltering in the lee of the island through Storm Betty needs an explanation.

The resultant loss of a Heysham scheduled run needs an explanation.

The purchase of a tugboat needs an explanation.

The industrial dispute needs an explanation re what is the advantage of 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off.

The stupid thing is none of this is difficult...

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Of course it's not the IOMSPCo's responsibility to debunk theories or provide details of their everyday operation.

By the way, I never said it was...

The folks on the island have made a large investment in Manxman and they have a right to know what's going on with it.

To my mind the Manxman sheltering in the lee of the island through Storm Betty needs an explanation.

The resultant loss of a Heysham scheduled run needs an explanation.

The purchase of a tugboat needs an explanation.

The industrial dispute needs an explanation re what is the advantage of 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off.

The stupid thing is none of this is difficult...

Not you too. Nobody is purchasing a tugboat as far as I'm aware. They are looking to hire one while strengthening work is done to the berths on the King Edward Pier which was always part of the plan, if a little late in implementation. It is the DoI after all!

https://www.gov.im/media/1380335/portal-quick-quote-web-advert-tugboat.pdf

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, woolley said:

Not you too. Nobody is purchasing a tugboat as far as I'm aware. They are looking to hire one while strengthening work is done to the berths on the King Edward Pier which was always part of the plan, if a little late in implementation. It is the DoI after all!

https://www.gov.im/media/1380335/portal-quick-quote-web-advert-tugboat.pdf

Thanks for that.

One down, three to go...

3 hours ago, P.K. said:

She wouldn't be the first vessel to shelter there.  Several IOMSPCo vessels did.

The Manx Viking did.

The side loaders were even known to tie up in Peel to disembark foot passengers.

• Like 2