Follow the Manxman from South Korea

Albert Tatlock

15 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

And you know that how ? . Is that a given or just man in a pub etc. 

It was on the IOM Gov Facebook post I put up yesterday:

More pictures have been released showing continued progress on the inside of the Isle of Man Ferry Terminal in Liverpool.
The terminal buildings, passenger facilities and land-based work are set to be completed this summer.
Currently on site, furniture is in the process of being installed, with baggage handling and security equipment installation due imminently.  … See more

But you have to press see more to get:

Externally, the marine works continue to present challenges due to the testing environment. The pace has, however, been able pick up due to better weather, and more than 70 per cent of the scour protection has now been installed.

All marine works are estimated for completion in the autumn.

It is envisaged that staff training will get underway in January 2024.

Berthing trials will take place for the Manannan in early 2024 ahead of the vessel carrying the terminal’s first passengers at the end of March.

The Manxman will undertake berthing trials in Liverpool later in 2024 prior to the start of the winter weekend sailings schedule.

So it's not going to be used till next winter (if nothing goes wrong).

20 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

That it’s not capable of traveling and docking in Liverpool. ? I know there’s an issue with taking freight there but not that they likely can’t dock there .

It won’t be tested till next year. I think the rest was a joke about the DOI’s ongoing ability to adhere to Tucker’s Law.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, cheesypeas said:

Manxman's webcam showing the bright lights of Singapore

It'll be showing the LED lights of Douglas soon.

Maybe...

• Haha 1

On 5/19/2023 at 1:12 PM, Numbnuts said:

That it’s not capable of traveling and docking in Liverpool. ? I know there’s an issue with taking freight there but not that they likely can’t dock there .

It can't use the current Liverpool Landing Stage. Same issue as the Ben. The car deck door is too heavy. 

When they tested the Ben there in the 90's part of the landing stage started disappearing below the water. Door was too heavy.

On 5/23/2023 at 1:38 PM, cheesypeas said:

Manxman's webcam showing the bright lights of Singapore

Yes and interestingly it's still there without a single new Stardate in the Captain's Log.

Maybe the temptation of the delights ashore has broken morale...

53 minutes ago, KERED said:

Now en route for Sri Lanka?

Columbo next. 4 days. Then Suez.

”Maiden” voyage appears to be 01.30 BFS IoM on 16 July, followed by an IoM HEY rotation at 08.45 and 14.15 same day.

must be sailing light to BFS as Ben is shown as taking the evening sailing from IoM on the evening of the 15 July

IMG_4787.jpeg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, John Wright said:

”Maiden” voyage appears to be 01.30 BFS IoM on 16 July, followed by an IoM HEY rotation at 08.45 and 14.15 same day.

They’re still not really marking the lounges and cabins as available (I looked for the week after as I’m heading across) so it’ll be interesting how that pans out. Makes sense to only sell what they can accommodate on the Ben though.

43 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Columbo next. 4 days. Then Suez.

must be sailing light to BFS as Ben is shown as taking the evening sailing from IoM on the evening of the 15 July

IMG_4787.jpeg

Calm down. They just haven't updated the booking system. 

25 minutes ago, Dr Beeching said:

Calm down. They just haven't updated the booking system. 

That’s after the update. Originally MX was shown as scheduled from last week of May. Then after the gearbox issue and delayed trials and acceptance, it was reverted to BC. Now MX has reappeared, starting 16/7.

As @Ringy Rose observes SPCo only taking passenger/car/cabin bookings up to capacity of BC.

Im interested as I’m trying to get my uncle onto the first sailing. He’s 80 on 16/6 and worked for the SPCo most of his working life, along with his brother, brother  in law, father, and, now, his son

• Like 3