Air Mail

Amadeus

13 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

After a Thursday outbound special delivery is iffy here. It’s often the next Tuesday before it arrives. It’s a total rip off. 

Outbound Friday will often arrive Saturday even though the Post Office will make it clear to that the guarantee is Monday. But obviously it makes sense to pre warn potential buyers that Tuesday is feesible. Better they are pleased when it arrives earlier than expected.
Not such a big issue is it? It's a very good service. And certainly not "a total rip off".
Obviously the IOM is a stupid place to post stuff from if you are selling low value items. But then, who would sensibly?

6 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

Obviously the IOM is a stupid place to post stuff from if you are selling low value items. But then, who would sensibly?

It never used to be. Time was when shedloads of mail came in bulk from the UK to be posted back to the UK from here because it was so much cheaper. How times have changed.

5 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

Outbound Friday will often arrive Saturday even though the Post Office will make it clear to that the guarantee is Monday.

Never seen that in my experience. In fact this morning I was told a 24 hour guaranteed delivery package would probably be Tuesday. Next day on a Friday has never happened in my experience in the last 3 years and Thursday is iffy. And nothing I send is low value thats why people get arsey about costs and delivery times to the point that I often have to refund postage. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

Outbound Friday will often arrive Saturday even though the Post Office will make it clear to that the guarantee is Monday. But obviously it makes sense to pre warn potential buyers that Tuesday is feesible. Better they are pleased when it arrives earlier than expected.
Not such a big issue is it? It's a very good service. And certainly not "a total rip off".

Offshore talks a load of Bol locks & doubtful he even sends items through post!! Everyone I know says it’s a very reliable service, obviously if the plane doesn’t go it isn’t!! Ferry service will virtually always go

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Teething problems, not unusual with new kit.

So nothing at all to do with the project manager who bought the kit then promptly retired. Leaving a couple of million in kit on its way to here with no real plan or organisation on how to use it effectively. It was sold to the staff that it will create new business for iompo and yet nothing has happened. 
Remarkably Thomas was offered the Chairman role and had one look and saw the fiasco of the machine purchase and said no chance. He saw a dead duck. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well according to the original press release, the parcel sorting machine was due to be "commissioned, during the autumn of 2022".  So you'd expect a full set of teeth by now.

It was due to go live end of March I think. They invited all the bigwigs to come take a look at there new shiny machine. Food was laid on, the bunting was out. They did a dry run just prior to them turning up and it didn’t work. They had to cancel the jamboree. 
the late staff got a handsome feed instead. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well according to the original press release, the parcel sorting machine was due to be "commissioned, during the autumn of 2022".  So you'd expect a full set of teeth by now.

Assembly/construction started in October last year, was completed in early March, I'm told. A couple of weeks of "teething problems" then ensued, machine is now running within its capabilities. Which may or not have been considerably overstated in order to push the business case for its purchase.

Said business case was reportedly predicated on the hugely increased volume of Parcels business that occurred during Covid when people were sat at home with little else to do than contribute to Jeff Bezos' personal fortune.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

You’re right. But. I was thinking about this before and of all the shysters and dreamers who have posted on here over the years. Stu is almost the only one who then stood and got in. Plenty have stood and got nowhere. And he still takes an enormous amount of shit on here when in reality he’s probably MFs most successful poster when it comes to actually getting into a political position. 

He was successful at getting elected. Can't think of any successes he's had since tho.

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

So nothing at all to do with the project manager who bought the kit then promptly retired. Leaving a couple of million in kit on its way to here with no real plan or organisation on how to use it effectively. It was sold to the staff that it will create new business for iompo and yet nothing has happened. 
Remarkably Thomas was offered the Chairman role and had one look and saw the fiasco of the machine purchase and said no chance. He saw a dead duck. 

Chris Thomas was chairman before me, so the second part of your post (geddit?) is nonsense. The first part is a typical 'man down the pub' work of fiction and does a great disservice to the team of people trying to improve the service. There's certainly been no failure to plan, but these bespoke things invariably don't work straight out of the box and require a period of fettling.