Another government job

Banker

19 minutes ago, Banker said:

Another highly paid employee for cabinet office who have more senior managers then a major commercial corporation 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/cabinet-office-seeks-new-chief-officer-with-starting-salary-of-118k/

This job was announced ages ago, it was part of the restructuring of the failing organisation within IOMG. Yes, you are right, the Cabinet Office is competing with the AGs Chambers. 

33 minutes ago, 2112 said:

This job was announced ages ago, it was part of the restructuring of the failing organisation within IOMG. Yes, you are right, the Cabinet Office is competing with the AGs Chambers. 

I heard a head teacher is up for it. £118K a year and hybrid WFH I heard.

I see now too that seasoned "local" TT competitor Johnny Barton has also been given a job in Motorsports as course maintenance engineer, liasing, presumably, with the DOI on TT course maintenance issues from a competitor point of view. The announcement was on FB a couple of days ago somewhere.

in fairness Johnny Barton  is also one of the deputy clerks of the course , and someone with his experience  will be beneficial when  they build the safety features around the course ,  there has not  been anyone doing this for a while especially since the departure of Shaun Councell   there is likely to be a new TT course contractor  after this year so its important to have someone who knows  the course ,and where everything goes  especially if there is a change in the TT course contractor  

Johnny is very approachable and has the right mindset for the job , plus years of experience as a competitor and he lives here ,  what more could anyone ask for !

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I see now too that seasoned "local" TT competitor Johnny Barton has also been given a job in Motorsports as course maintenance engineer, liasing, presumably, with the DOI on TT course maintenance issues from a competitor point of view. The announcement was on FB a couple of days ago somewhere.

I have no problem with this, providing it’s either a voluntary role, or if paid, it isn’t costing the taxpayer.

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

You do wonder if these Departments have been able to get away without a CEO for so long, why they need one in the first place.

You wouldn't mind but we didn't even make a saving by losing the previous incumbent from Govt payroll, Lole transferred to the ever-growing and all-encompassing Cabinet Office. This place is a civil service empire-builder's wet dream and our politicians clearly have little say or control in what goes on, other than to acknowledge many of the population's concerns.

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

You do wonder if these Departments have been able to get away without a CEO for so long, why they need one in the first place.

Indeed. A CEO at DHSC did such a wonderful job after all..

Also baffles me why DFE has a CEO in Lewin and then each agency has a CEO. What exactly does Lewin do?

I thought we were skint and trying to cut down on government appointments and with a pension to boot these high salaried posts are a long term commitment especially with people living longe.   Financial   misery is being stored for the next generation wherever you look.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2