Joney and the Bishop

hissingsid

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

Well, no.   Just because atoms are mostly empty doesn’t mean that there’s nothing there at all.

Then there’s the question of forces.   If you knock on a table, are you feeling the solid part of the atoms - or are you feeling a force equal and opposite to the force of your knock?

Mostly nothingness then, significantly mostly. Although of course, there is another universe inside each and every one those wee neuclei. A veritable universe.

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

I just know that when I sit on a chair, my arse stays off the ground. 

Glad, does that reflect the fundamental nature of solid-state physics - or is it a reflection of the strength and resilience of your, erm, foundation garments?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Glad, does that reflect the fundamental nature of solid-state physics - or is it a reflection of the strength and resilience of your, erm, foundation garments?

Not sure, but I am grateful to whatever force keeps my rear off the ground.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What amuses me greatly, the BBC showed Songs of Praise recorded recently, presented by Aled Jones. Personally I have no issue with this, but you have the God Squad adding their bit, and the anti God Squad. In the meantime, you would have had IOMG, tourism, DfE and other IOMG busybodies all interfering, in the vain hope of publicising the island. I doubt this nonsense with Joney would get an airing on National TV. 

15 hours ago, Kopek said:

....but Malik is locked into an belief that has been presented to them and for whatever reason has decided to stick to that belief no matter what? It's not too different to   the Brexit argument, is it?

It's a lot different.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Malik said:

Many Christians experience God today but non-Christians are kept in the dark and science on creation helps to do this. It won’t be an excuse though.

"It won't be an excuse though." An excuse for what? Is that some kind of sinister warning for the judgment day? It usually comes down to something like that with religion.

If some omnipotent entity starts questioning me about my actions in the world, I'll have ten questions ready for every one of theirs, you can count on it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Malik said:

The Serpent and His offspring? There will be no treasure building up in hell for them, ‘tomorrow’. It is funny because there’s hardly any other on your forums now. If there are they wouldn’t be mesmerised by your multi-account trickery. I haven’t been.

You worried about being banned for espousing god. You were worrying about the wrong thing. You are more likely to be banned for speculation about the existence of sock-puppetry.

• Like 1