Joney and the Bishop

hissingsid

1 hour ago, Malik said:

What ‘people’? Where’s the poll/information to show this is a popular majority view. Certainly not here, it’s rigged with lgbt antichrists. Anyway you will find soon democracy has had its day.

Did joney start this crusade against the bishop before or after he criticized the treatment received by Rob during his brief stint in health? Interesting to note that the other people involved in that debacle also voted to bash the bishop.

11 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Did joney start this crusade against the bishop before or after he criticized the treatment received by Rob during his brief stint in health? Interesting to note that the other people involved in that debacle also voted to bash the bishop.

I don’t know, I find politics as dull as dish water both here and abroad and follow it sparingly. Joney is labour isn’t she? Does she know why Blair decided to announce, like an emperor, that he wanted everybody to have a job in his last year in charge, a decade after he took up office. This is how negligent, incompetent and self serving politicians are in this modern world.

26 minutes ago, Malik said:

I don’t know, I find politics as dull as dish water both here and abroad and follow it sparingly. Joney is labour isn’t she? Does she know why Blair decided to announce, like an emperor, that he wanted everybody to have a job in his last year in charge, a decade after he took up office. This is how negligent, incompetent and self serving politicians are in this modern world.

The Manx Labour Party is not affiliated with the UK Labour Party

6 hours ago, kevster said:

The Manx Labour Party is not affiliated with the UK Labour Party

No not officially but it’s born out of the same movement and one can imagine the current leadership being influenced watching Tony Blair on national tv.

26 minutes ago, Malik said:

No not officially but it’s born out of the same movement and one can imagine the current leadership being influenced watching Tony Blair on national tv.

Most of them were in nappies then. 

Not sure watching Tony Blair would have been their top TV choice. 

19 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Most of them were in nappies then. 

Not sure watching Tony Blair would have been their top TV choice. 

Come on, their two MHK’s look well inside their thirties. But are they aware The Manx Labour Party had its roots in the Chartist movement on the Isle of Man, the union movement, various reforming organisations such as the Manx Reform League, and a culture of debating societies and self-education societies focused around the Island's various churches. 

I think it has been simmering since Daphne wanted prayers knocked on the head, her first action on being elected.    It is a fortuitous time now being between Bishops I don’t think there is any sinister motive here the public on the whole do not think the Bishop should have a vote as he is unelected and it has made the members of LegCo a bit uneasy because a lot of the public are not in favour of them either for the same reason.    

1 hour ago, ADELE said:

I think it has been simmering since Daphne wanted prayers knocked on the head, her first action on being elected.    It is a fortuitous time now being between Bishops I don’t think there is any sinister motive here the public on the whole do not think the Bishop should have a vote as he is unelected and it has made the members of LegCo a bit uneasy because a lot of the public are not in favour of them either for the same reason.    

So it’s because a handful of newly elected MHK’s don’t like the Christian ethos in Tynwald as this is inconvenient to them? The majority of the public didn’t vote for anyone judging by the last election stats. But the majority have also let the government know they are Christians at the last census. I’ve read nothing said at the recent two public meetings deciding the new Bishop about him not having a seat in government, if anything quite the opposite was said.

16 hours ago, Malik said:

Come on, their two MHK’s look well inside their thirties. But are they aware The Manx Labour Party had its roots in the Chartist movement on the Isle of Man, the union movement, various reforming organisations such as the Manx Reform League, and a culture of debating societies and self-education societies focused around the Island's various churches. 

I thought the Manx Labour Party was built upon the teachings of David Cretney? 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Malik said:

So it’s because a handful of newly elected MHK’s don’t like the Christian ethos in Tynwald as this is inconvenient to them? The majority of the public didn’t vote for anyone judging by the last election stats. But the majority have also let the government know they are Christians at the last census. I’ve read nothing said at the recent two public meetings deciding the new Bishop about him not having a seat in government, if anything quite the opposite was said.

I suppose some MHKs think Tynwald and the House of Keys should be secular. That's why they affirm rather than swear on the bible.

Politics and religion should be kept apart.

• Like 3