Douglas stinky beach

Broadcasterman

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

You would be totally justified in doing so. It won’t make any difference though. Most of them basically do not care about anything but making a name for themselves as 

28 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I daily walk Douglas beach from one end to the other, it's like an obstacle  course at the moment, I actually have to wear Brasher boots to navigate it. 

I meet many people daily during my walk and l have never heard such poor comments regarding Douglas Borough Council, are they responsible for the beach?  what is to be done about it ? If anything.  I feel like holding some of my rates back this year in protest of the poor maintenance, but would l be justified in doing so? 

Lilly

4 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

You would be totally justified in doing so. It won’t make any difference though. Most of them basically do not care about anything but making a name for themselves as “politicians” 

It's the most important facility l use and many other residents. 

• Thanks 2

Douglas Town Council now Douglas City Council has always been used as a stepping stone to the House of Keys by some members and they use their position on the Council to promote themselves with the electorate.    Their interest in the Borough of Douglas is very limited and self interest takes precedence every time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Lots of events in today, all competing with each other. For example, it’s the 150th Anniversary/Birthday of the Railways, and the Leftenant Guvonor along with Minister were at the railway station to unveil a plaque. It seems there is more action at the railways than there is at the airport. 

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Busy in Castletown for the Pedal Party. 

I’m sure it is. If the numbers in Douglas wasn't bad enough they’ve got two traffic wardens sweeping the whole of Queens Prom all afternoon just to punish any of the few who dares to park to take their kid on a bouncy castle. You could make it up. I doubt there’s anyone in Castletown trying to earn out of the parkers who are driving in. Unbelievable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

I doubt there’s anyone in Castletown trying to earn out of the parkers who are driving in. Unbelievable. 

You can't really drive in, not all the way, the roads round the Castle are shut for all the kids on bikes. I'm sure someone will be complaining, I'm not though, I'm all for using the square area as a proper public event space. They've even got Le Tour on a big screen 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

Plus they aren’t on a stinky beach. Can’t see the food van making much money. 

954B260D-4259-4779-A2AC-D1D8F7DFB995.jpeg

Was busy when I’ve just walked past. Looks like a bit of a success story and besides, all have to start somewhere. Not bad overall considering its not exactly a beauty spot.

3 minutes ago, Satan666 said:

Was busy when I’ve just walked past. Looks like a bit of a success story and besides, all have to start somewhere. Not bad overall considering its not exactly a beauty spot.

I’ve been sat in the Queens watching it over a few pints most of the afternoon. It’s embarrassing. There has been hardly anyone there most of the afternoon as the video above shows. It’s crawling with traffic wardens too just to put anyone else off. Ten grand of ratepayers money. What an absolute joke.