Douglas stinky beach

Broadcasterman

4 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

The beach party looks a roaring success. All of 5 people there when I went past. Great use of £10K of ratepayers money. 

Well there was plenty when I was there & on Manx Radio video so I think it’s another of your porkies carrying on your vendetta, obviously your enforced holiday from forum has changed your attitude 

https://www.facebook.com/ManxRadio?__cft__[0]=AZXr1npvR75Z5pEoYHbw057aa14tIJVPqAj2idS9YFOTWU_fxqu4VihlAJP1xw6auyz3feQpmVgVqEqIB0wDQp6RCJF6L9tuyfvyYT_ezpRDMtCoc7djPtvm1l30ZSzli03Yq4i5KH9OQSO7RqqdR6ZtLX-QNBYaO6k83lbIkp9AbHnkumNkxIGH4RgKeEwK238&__tn__=-]C%2CP-R

Edited by Banker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

It’s the Douglas Ratepayer that I feel sorry for. Year after year of rate rises, to pay for squandering and mismanagement of services. 

It’s just the usual you expect. The traffic wardens were a nice touch though just to make the whole thing even more difficult to attend when they weren’t exactly getting a good attendance anyway. It must have been handy for all the shoppers in town today that all the wardens were over Onchan side trying to ticket beach party parkers.

Some great comments under the Facebook story showing a video of a largely empty beach on Manx Radio. 

06EBCB54-D19C-4A0B-B0F5-4F261BDBCEE5.jpeg

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s just the usual you expect. The traffic wardens were a nice touch though just to make the whole thing even more difficult to attend when they weren’t exactly getting a good attendance anyway. It must have been handy for all the shoppers in town today that all the wardens were over Onchan side trying to ticker beach party parkers.

Traffic wardens are DOI aren’t they ? Not like Government to mess up DC efforts lol. No love lost there for years . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’ve been sat in the Queens watching it over a few pints most of the afternoon. It’s embarrassing. There has been hardly anyone there most of the afternoon as the video above shows. It’s crawling with traffic wardens too just to put anyone else off. Ten grand of ratepayers money. What an absolute joke. 

DBC Should have told the traffic wardens to fuck right off. Talk about putting people off. Watched that little SA prick dishing out tickets with a smile on his face...

• Like 2

On 7/1/2023 at 8:05 PM, Passing Time said:

Just not on a day when DBC are putting something on for the enjoyment of people

As someone earlier said on here, there’s no live loss between DBC and Gov. Which on reflection probably explains the state of the prom. DBC, DOI and MUA all involved with their land they own all wanting their own way for their bit of land. I mean FFS, it’s an embarrassment. Look at us in comparison with what Jersey did with their prom.

I did the dip in the morning, went for a walk over to see the beach huts, realised I had wet patches where my swimming gear was and looked like a lactating incontinent so scurried off home. Dip was good, that’s the first time I’ve been in the sea like that since I was a kid, it was great! 
I wanted to take my friends dog to the agility course but they didn’t think it was wise (big dog, not really keen on specific popular breeds, understandable really).

Looked like they were setting up a good party when I left though.

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2023 at 3:54 PM, Banker said:

Well there was plenty when I was there & on Manx Radio video so I think it’s another of your porkies carrying on your vendetta, obviously your enforced holiday from forum has changed your attitude 

https://www.facebook.com/ManxRadio?__cft__[0]=AZXr1npvR75Z5pEoYHbw057aa14tIJVPqAj2idS9YFOTWU_fxqu4VihlAJP1xw6auyz3feQpmVgVqEqIB0wDQp6RCJF6L9tuyfvyYT_ezpRDMtCoc7djPtvm1l30ZSzli03Yq4i5KH9OQSO7RqqdR6ZtLX-QNBYaO6k83lbIkp9AbHnkumNkxIGH4RgKeEwK238&__tn__=-]C%2CP-R

Comedy gold.  Around 2.08 min in - Here we have Manx Radio interviewing  someone who he believes to be a passing member of the public, asks her name  and what she is doing there and replies "I'm the Mayor".  Also highlights how sparsely attended the event was,

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

Comedy gold.  Around 2.08 min in - Here we have Manx Radio interviewing  someone who he believes to be a passing member of the public, asks her name  and what she is doing there and replies "I'm the Mayor".  Also highlights how sparsely attended the event was,

The Mayor also seems to have had exclusive Douglas Beach Day t-shirts made for the event. No expense spared when you’re spending other peoples money. 

61E6F14F-8E71-4EAF-9125-5F2A5CF07C51.jpeg