Douglas stinky beach

Broadcasterman

It's nonsense to say there wasn't anyone there. When I was down about 2 it was busy. You must have some eyesight if you can see down onto the beach from The Queens. I was also there on Saturday. I did wonder who that guy sitting in the corner was, identifiable by the massive cloud over his head. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 11:44 AM, offshoremanxman said:

Lots of space on the bouncy castles 

1C4A0F6C-ED77-48B0-A6B2-E30E0A8FD85B.jpeg

That mini, when enlarged and looking through the driver’s window there looks to be a ghostlike image. I suspect though it’s from a sign near the orange ‘fencing’. I only mention it as It reminded me of my last angelic experience, that driver had a new white mini like that.

4 hours ago, Malik said:

That mini, when enlarged and looking through the driver’s window there looks to be a ghostlike image. I suspect though it’s from a sign near the orange ‘fencing’. I only mention it as It reminded me of my last angelic experience, that driver had a new white mini like that.

Not sure how anyone can tell how many are on bouncy castles from other side of road particularly when entrance is on beach side, the usual culprits on here just like slagging everything off even if it’s a fun day

12 minutes ago, Banker said:

Not sure how anyone can tell how many are on bouncy castles from other side of road particularly when entrance is on beach side, the usual culprits on here just like slagging everything off even if it’s a fun day

I slagged this off.  It was rubbish.

The TT village at the grandstand was superb.

By all accounts the Full Moon festival was ace for a first time.

The Ramsey sprint was crap.

Its nothing to do with slagging everything off.  It’s everything to do with commenting on what was good and what wasn’t.

24 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Its nothing to do with slagging everything off.  It’s everything to do with commenting on what was good and what wasn’t.

If you say so...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Yeah, I’ve enlarged that and zoomed back in a few times now and think the image is actually inside the car and not on a sign advertising “haunted bouncy castles”. I been chuckling a lot today and shouldn’t joke but maybe on rapture day they’ll come in more use for the beached, unclean souls trying to get off the ground.

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2023 at 4:29 PM, Asthehills said:

From all the photos posted on FB it looked busy and indeed was when I walked through. So I’d say whether it was crap or not, it was certainly a success especially for a first attempt. …. But we’re not allowed to be positive on here are we as we all know best. We all can run this island as we are all experts! What a joke. Isle of Moan. That little label was told to me by some recent TT visitors, it’s a reputation we’re slowly being known for abroad!🤣

1 hour ago, Satan666 said:

we’re not allowed to be positive on here are we as we all know best. We all can run this island as we are all experts!

In some cases, yes.   But not in this case, as this was a DBC event.   The negativity was predictable before the event even took place; and the comments from the “DBC haters” would have been the same, even if they were off-island on Sunday and didn’t attend.   Who needs evidence, when you know that you’re always right?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

In some cases, yes.   But not in this case, as this was a DBC event.   The negativity was predictable before the event even took place; and the comments from the “DBC haters” would have been the same, even if they were off-island on Sunday and didn’t attend.   Who needs evidence, when you know that you’re always right?

What’s a “DBC hater”?  I agree with two weekly bin collections but think this event was pants.  Is that not OK? I certainly don’t hate DBC

This place is strange.  

33 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Is that not OK? I certainly don’t hate DBC

Why did you respond, then?   Why would you assume that it referred to you?   You weren’t named, you weren’t quoted…

You’re right though - this place IS strange…

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

What’s a “DBC hater”?  I agree with two weekly bin collections but think this event was pants.  Is that not OK? I certainly don’t hate DBC

This place is strange.  

This forum is strange really as you say as the more it seems to try to show it has no bias the more that bias becomes totally clear with all the bullying and snide remarks posted. I’d be betting there is more than one person linked to DBC liked to managing this site the more any poster that seems to say anything even vaguely critical of DBC gets ridiculed or picked on. It’s actually very interesting to watch how people are gradually compelled to show their cards. 

• Confused 4

5 hours ago, Asthehills said:

This place is strange.  

There’s a few known DBC haters who slag off everything they do whether they attend or not, chief one is Offshore manc who di have a number of supporters of same ilk but they all got banned for being the same person posting the same aggressive, bullying crap