Douglas stinky beach

Broadcasterman

It looks like from a straw poll of interviews for todays Douglas Beach Party feature IOM Newspapers clearly establishes that it’s possibly peoples least favorite beach in the IOM scoring as least favorite with almost everyone they interviewed about IOM beaches. 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/whats-your-favourite-beach-624274

….

“When asked if they had a least favourite beach, Mrs Clague said: ‘Douglas – it’s a mess. I don’t know why it smells so terrible but it does. I can remember when I came here in the 1980s and it was actually a really nice beach back then so I’m not sure what’s happened to it for it to change so much.”

….

“When asked about his least favourite beach Mr Cooil said: ‘Who the heck would go to Douglas beach, honestly it’s wreaking, nobody’s there and it’s full of stones.”

….

“My least favourite beach is Douglas. It’s just stones and it’s really awful, there’s not much to it at all. Of course you’re close to everywhere you need but who gladly sits on Douglas beach”

So it looks like many of the comments above are echoed by the people interviewed here. Seems like most people think that it’s not that great a place to have a party on! 

Edited by The Port Soderick Herald
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

It looks like from a straw poll of interviews for todays Douglas Beach Party feature IOM Newspapers clearly establishes that it’s possibly peoples least favorite beach in the IOM scoring as least favorite with almost everyone they interviewed about IOM beaches. 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/whats-your-favourite-beach-624274

….

“When asked if they had a least favourite beach, Mrs Clague said: ‘Douglas – it’s a mess. I don’t know why it smells so terrible but it does. I can remember when I came here in the 1980s and it was actually a really nice beach back then so I’m not sure what’s happened to it for it to change so much.”

….

“When asked about his least favourite beach Mr Cooil said: ‘Who the heck would go to Douglas beach, honestly it’s wreaking, nobody’s there and it’s full of stones.”

….

“My least favourite beach is Douglas. It’s just stones and it’s really awful, there’s not much to it at all. Of course you’re close to everywhere you need but who gladly sits on Douglas beach”

So it looks like many of the comments above are echoed by the people interviewed here. Seems like most people think that it’s not that great a place to have a party on! 

they're not wrong ,, PSM , PE and Peel are all so much better.

52 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Trademark IOM Newspapers illiteracy there!

Were they going for 'wreck' or 'reek'?

3 hours ago, Augustus said:

Trademark IOM Newspapers illiteracy there!

I assumed it was a portmanteau word combining "wrack" and "reeking".

Entirely accidentally.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

It looks like the public has spoken. Nobody likes Douglas beach. 

was down there 30 minutes ago driving along the prom and the stench coming in through the air vents was terrible.

19 hours ago, WTF said:

was down there 30 minutes ago driving along the prom and the stench coming in through the air vents was terrible.

I went down to the Villa Cafe for breakfast and unfortunate it was rank. I don’t understand why they want more people eating outside when the place literally stinks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

I went down to the Villa Cafe for breakfast and unfortunate it was rank. I don’t understand why they want more people eating outside when the place literally stinks. 

Absolute bollocks , we sit outside there at least 2 times per week so do many others & no one complains about food , smell or anything else. Great spot to sit & people watch with good food