Douglas stinky beach

Broadcasterman

Take the sand away for processing or one good storm will just wash all that back to square one who the hell keeps coming up with these hare brained ideas. Good little earner for Cubby though.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, GreyWolf said:

Take the sand away for processing or one good storm will just wash all that back to square one who the hell keeps coming up with these hare brained ideas. Good little earner for Cubby though.

DoI is cubby’s personal piggy bank 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, GreyWolf said:

18 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

DoI is cubby’s personal piggy bank 

Cubby?

Why would the sand wash back to where it came from, tidal flow is north to south on the beach. I hope they are trying the lowering of the beach instead of the wall, got to be worth a try before wasting long millions on the carbuncle of the sea front.  🤞

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GreyWolf said:

Guess you can't read the name plastered on the side of the diggers..

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

Guess you can't read the name plastered on the side of the diggers..

NNC  no Neck Cubbon   at least he will do a decent job,   but I bet if he was left to his own devices he wouldn't be trucking sand  all over the beach , big blade push it all back,      level off install groynes ,      job done for e the next 10 years  bur please correct me if I am wrong  is the corporation paying for this work or the DOI  ?  and anybody know who wrote the spec ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Omobono said:

NNC  no Neck Cubbon   at least he will do a decent job,   but I bet if he was left to his own devices he wouldn't be trucking sand  all over the beach , big blade push it all back,      level off install groynes ,      job done for e the next 10 years  bur please correct me if I am wrong  is the corporation paying for this work or the DOI  ?  and anybody know who wrote the spec ?

Would be Corpy I would imagine and again it's not JCK...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

tidal flow is north to south on the beach. 

On the outgoing tide yeah.  It then swirls out and east past the harbour mouth/breakwater. 

Incoming tide is South to North.  Predominant wind and wave direction is also South to North.  So on balance, the sand would go north. 

• Thanks 1