Douglas stinky beach

Broadcasterman

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

Bulldozed mounds of rotting seaweed. Still stinking. Still full of micro-plastics. Well done.

20230526_185028.jpg

The contract feels good though...kerching...

If it was money out of their own pockets they would not be so keen people are very good at spending other people’s money i.e. the taxpayers and this is where the problem lies throughout governments and councils everywhere.    Fireworks every time the cat farts…ridiculous but there again not their money 😣 .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Augustus said:

Google microplastics or, better, go take a look for yourself at ground level.

I know what microplastics are. I think you need to Google it. They are not visible to the human eye. Hence the micro bit. I suspect you mean plastic litter and that would make sense. 

walked the promenade this morning , and the stench was horrible , the mounds are quietly  rotting away  below the central in the current spell of warm weather , surely  this is not the way a Local authority should be managing   their only tourist beach , its an absolute disgrace , the city fathers should be ashamed of themselves .

• Like 4

This thread is tiresome, it's the same wrong opinions over and over.

Beach buddies clear bags of beach litter, not several tonnes of natural sea vegetation.

What's on the beach is rotting seaweed, not sewage. Sewage isn't routinely discharged at Douglas unless the holding tanks are overspilled by heavy rain, which doesn't happen in a dry week in summer.

Creamery waste is discharged into the bay but again it isn't sewage, it's waste whey residue from cheese production.

Unsurprisingly, rotting seaweed smells bad. This shouldn't be a shock. 

Edited by The Bastard
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1