Public sector workers have had enough of 'meaningless' discussions

HelmutX

"Our members have worked tirelessly for months during difficult circumstances, and they continue to do so. They have endured endless attacks on their professional standing, it’s like open season when it comes to ‘the blame game and attacking our members in the press and on social media’."

Make me holla!!! 90% of the time I pass "road works" and any DOI interruptions, either I see absolutely NOFFING, or I see a bunch of HEDGEPIGS doing NOFFING. Govt workers are the epitome of welfare. There's no private sector that would tolerate the work-less ethic of the DOI attitude... then we gotta start on those in the "white collar" side of "administration". Give me a break. None would survive in the private sector..... WHO PAYS FOR THEIR SALARIES!! GUARANTEED pensions??

Go work for Government and do nothing for he rest of your life - and have nice holidays while you're at it!

OOOOS.... Private contractors to Govt are equally to blame - they are on TAXPAYER money! (Does a Promenade memory ring?)

Just make me holla!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’d happily see them go on strike. Then we could see if it actually made a difference. I reckon it would be three months before anyone noticed. 

There is an event about to start very soon that requires a lot of input from the public sector although the Government do not advertise that many of the staff on the payroll are on duty throughout the fortnight earning megabucks!

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’d happily see them go on strike. Then we could see if it actually made a difference. I reckon it would be three months before anyone noticed. 

7 minutes ago, Beelzebub3 said:

There is an event about to start very soon that requires a lot of input from the public sector although the Government do not advertise that many of the staff on the payroll are on duty throughout the fortnight earning megabucks!

That still wouldn’t concern me to be honest. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Beelzebub3 said:

Ahh... so pretend to do some "time at work?" for but 3 or4 weeks of the year and you wanna herald them for their salaries!? DOI are welfare recipients... as re so, so many others

No holla here...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HelmutX said:

Make me holla!!! 90% of the time I pass "road works" and any DOI interruptions, either I see absolutely NOFFING, or I see a bunch of HEDGEPIGS doing NOFFING. Govt workers are the epitome of welfare. There's no private sector that would tolerate the work-less ethic of the DOI attitude... then we gotta start on those in the "white collar" side of "administration". Give me a break. None would survive in the private sector..... WHO PAYS FOR THEIR SALARIES!! GUARANTEED pensions??

But most of those roadworks are actually carried out by contractors, so it's private sector workers who are absent or doing nothing. 

Now I've pointed this out I assume you'll be calling for the immediate nationalisation without compensation of all companies.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

But most of those roadworks are actually carried out by contractors, so it's private sector workers who are absent or doing nothing. 

Now I've pointed this out I assume you'll be calling for the immediate nationalisation without compensation of all companies.

So what are the countless DoI vehicles mostly looking sparkling new, hugely expensive and mostly a ridiculously large size, actually doing Roger? Driving around aimlessly or parked up needlessly with nobody doing anything - as very many people observe much of the time?

1 minute ago, Cassie2 said:

So what are the countless DoI vehicles mostly looking sparkling new, hugely expensive and mostly a ridiculously large size, actually doing Roger? Driving around aimlessly or parked up needlessly with nobody doing anything - as very many people observe much of the time?

This used to be the case but I can’t agree now.

This morning working on a pavement at Churchtown under traffic lights there were at least eight DOI guys working flat out when I went past.

You simply didn’t see that a couple of years ago.  Now you do, and the progress they are making is great.

I notice road markings at tram crossings all repainted this week, and guys out jet washing around the Sea Terminal this morning.

It really looks like the days of bashing them for not doing anything are gone.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

You may get your wish, at least one union has just rejected the Govt pay offer by 75% against to 25% for.

27 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

You may get your wish, at least one union has just rejected the Govt pay offer by 75% against to 25% for.

Which one!! I’m waiting a tax refund & hopefully they’ll pay it before striking 😀

• Haha 1

How meaningless do discussions have to get that even civil servants have had enough?

What next - "Bakers hate bread!", "DJs sick of vacuous chat!", "Dogs would rather owners  fetched their own sticks in future". 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ativa said:

I notice road markings at tram crossings all repainted this week, and guys out jet washing around the Sea Terminal this morning.

Any idea when they're due to do the tram crossings in Laxey & Baldrine (and fill the holes in either side of the tram lines whilst they're at it)?

A UK registered car (presume visitor) had a very, very close shave last week in Laxey which I'm convinced was down to the road markings being almost invisible. The yellow hatching before, on and after the tram lines are almost nonexistent.