Banning traffic from towns

Broadcasterman

7 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Maybe if you engaged with the political process in a more meaningful way, we could show you all the work that goes into decisions behind the scenes. Not that you’re really interested in that. 

Careful now: next you’ll be trying to undermine and squash another person's totally valid opinions…🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

Maybe you should have thought a little more before quoting your own rubbish for yet another repetitive shot at DBC. It’s tiresome, really. For you whatever we do will never be right. Maybe if you engaged with the political process in a more meaningful way, we could show you all the work that goes into decisions behind the scenes. Not that you’re really interested in that. 

You are right. I am not remotely interested in anything that someone like you says. Nothing at all. 

I'll repost here a recent post by Karel Ver Elst the Admin of: 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/940207443613790

Karel Ver Elst Admin
....I would love to send the Council the list but doing so will effectively bring a close to the petition and it remains one of the few avenues whereby residents can voice their opposition. Although about 2000 people have signed, this represents less than 10% of the population of Douglas. When I speak to people randomly I know that the majority are appalled by the halving in the frequency of general waste collections. Moreover, the council can easily view the numbers on the online petition themselves. It is not up to them to dictate the format and manner in which opposition can be expressed. Most importantly, even though most people wouldn’t mind their name being disclosed to the Council, I am acutely aware that many people who have signed are concerned that they may be victimised as a result. Many of the petitioners work for the council or are dependent on the Council for housing. It would not be fair to them to disclose their personal particulars to a Council that is largely unelected (the leader of the Council got in with zero votes and many of the others with just a few hundred votes). This Council has shown that it does not care about the residents and is driven purely by the ideology of a very small minority. They are more than happy to use all the money of the residents to further their own objectives with little or no regard for the residents.

Edited by Cassie2

6 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Where do they get free parking?

Surely anybody with an ounce of common sense could foresee that dumping their car there wasn’t a wise move when they themselves are known to go about taking photos of others people parking and posting them online.

Shaws Brow is yards away.  What possible emergency was there that necessitated “parking” there and not walking the few extra yards?

Edited by Asthehills
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

The new traffic order for this area is already in place. For some reason the DOI hasn’t managed to get the new signs up (it’s been months) so anyone can park there right now. Not that i have to. Councillors get free parking. 

But you did park there. So you, a DBC Councillor (although unelected by any ratepayers) and as such one of just 12 representative of the people of Douglas admit that you know that a traffic order for that area is already in place but nonetheless you think that exploiting any loophole is just fine. What a lovely representative of the people. How very nice.

Is that also how its done in Germany - you and fellow German Falk Horning have compared Germany very favourably to here in regard to other matters such as recycling and refuse collections so pray do tell us all just how far you (1/6th of the entire Douglas Council) wish to see this lovely island and its society further 'Germanised'?

Or better still, try and accept that you have many more detractors than supporters and just shut the f**k up. 

I know what I think of all of your bullsh*t. 

Edited by Cassie2

4 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Surely anybody with an ounce of common sense could foresee that dumping their car there wasn’t a wise move when they themselves are known to go about taking photos of others people parking and posting them online.

Shaws Brow is yards away.  What possible emergency was there that necessitated “parking” there and not walking the few extra yards?

The fact it is entirely legal to park there at the moment and it’s not blocking anything. 

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

So you, a DBC Councillor (although unelected by any ratepayers) and as such one of just 12 representative of the people of Douglas admit that you know that a traffic order for that area is already in place but nonetheless you think that exploiting any loophole is just fine. What a lovely representative of the people. How very nice.

Is that also how its done in Germany - you and fellow German Falk Horning have compared Germany very favourably to here in regard to other matters such as recycling and refuse collections so pray do tell us all just how far you (1/6th of the entire Douglas Council) wish to see this lovely island and its society further 'Germanised'?

Or better still, try and accept that you have many more detractors than supporters and just shut the f**k up. 

I know what I think of all of your bullsh*t. 

Read as far as “unelected”. You’re on mute now. Bye. 

36 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Read as far as “unelected”. You’re on mute now. Bye. 

Is that also a democratic German style thing or what?

You are the long-serving and Senior Admin of Local supposed Discussion Forums but you seem to not be cut out for that role. Maybe you have real mental issues and if so that should be addressed in your own best interests.

Edited by Cassie2

29 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

The fact it is entirely legal to park there at the moment and it’s not blocking anything. 

So banning vehicle access to the quay for 6 months a year (I would guess brown envelope driven) to allow parking on a current pedestrian area by DBC employees 

the arrogance reminds me of Conservative government in UK 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Manxman1234 said:

So banning vehicle access to the quay for 6 months a year (I would guess brown envelope driven) to allow parking on a current pedestrian area by DBC employees 

None of those words make any sense. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Manxman1234 said:

You mean as they did with the Rovers once they banned the benches on the “basis” of emergency access and then promptly blocked the lane with DBC vehicles. 

• Like 1

I believe both vehicles in that picture are owned by DBC councillors but I’m told the BMW i3 registration number PMN 121 K certainly belongs to a moderator of this form and Douglas Councillor. I know of people who have been issued with tickets for parking there as it is a pedestrian area where no parking is allowed. The same as pedestrianised Nelson St just back and across the road. Equally I believe councillors get free parking bays in Shaws Brow less than 100 Yards away for official parking. Very selfish and hypocritical when we have councillors actively calling out ratepayers for being lazy in expecting in town parking and for not agreeing that streets should be pedestrianised on social media, and also calling out other selfish parkers on their own social media accounts. 

Edited by The Port Soderick Herald

I don’t think talk of “ brown envelopes “ without any evidence to back it up adds anything to the discussion.

If you have evidence provide it, otherwise it’s just a slur.

• Like 1