Banning traffic from towns

Broadcasterman

9 minutes ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

I believe both vehicles in that picture are owned by DBC councillors but the BMW i3 registration number  ******* certainly belongs to a moderator of this form and Douglas Councillor. I know of people who have been issued with tickets for parking there as it is a pedestrian area where no parking is allowed. The same as pedestrianised Nelson St just back and across the road. Equally I believe councillors get free parking bays in Shaws Brow less than 100 Yards away for official parking. Very selfish and hypocritical when we have councillors actively calling out ratepayers for being lazy in expecting in town parking and for not agreeing that streets should be pedestrianised on social media, and also calling out other selfish parkers on their own social media accounts. 

And you were complaining about stalking and harassment!  You do understand why tax discs no longer have the name and address shown? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

And you were complaining about stalking and harassment!  You do understand why tax discs no longer have the name and address shown? 

I said I believe it is so it’s up to the councillor to clarify whether it does or it doesn’t. It’s clearly visible if you clean the image up a bit. I’m sure the owner of the Rolls Royce was equally not chuffed about his number being clear from the parking picture Tweeted the other week.

E7B72705-3D02-4A24-BD3F-39696F5F8AA8.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

How is this staking or harassment?

Amadeus posts photos of his vehicles on his social media accounts for the world to see and then harasses other people and accuses them of having no insurance when they have done absolutely nothing wrong.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

I said I believe it is so it’s up to the councillor to clarify whether it does or it doesn’t. It’s clearly visible if you clean the image up a bit. I’m sure the owner of the Rolls Royce was equally not chuffed about his number being clear from the parking picture Tweeted the other week.

Yes, but the owner of the RR was not mentioned. 

With your law degree and all, you should recognise the issue. 

5 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

How is this staking or harassment?

Amadeus posts photos of his vehicles on his social media accounts for the world to see and then harasses other people and accuses them of having no insurance when they have done absolutely nothing wrong.

Does he name who he believes owns the vehicles?

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Does he name who he believes owns the vehicles?

You’re brilliant. He wrote a whole letter for the papers on his EV and the EV tax proposals including giving a full picture of his car and its reg no. This is full public domain stuff despite your silly comments about law degrees 😂😂

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/letter-to-the-editor-vehicle-tax-changes-are-a-step-in-the-wrong-direction-595830

Edited by The Port Soderick Herald
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

Thanks for not posting a closeup. Haven’t washed it in ages. Councillor details are public. Our pictures are literally outside town hall.* Doesn’t take much brain power or stalking to figure out what I drive. Of course it would have been way more satisfying for you if the cars were parked there illegally, which none of them are. 

*fun fact for your amusement: Someone in town hall, without any councillor asking for it, recently suggested our details shouldn’t be so public anymore. The idea was quickly knocked on the head. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

I believe both vehicles in that picture are owned by DBC councillors …

I know of people who have been issued with tickets for parking there as it is a pedestrian area where no parking is allowed. 

You’re wrong on both counts. 

11 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Of course it would have been way more satisfying for you if the cars were parked there illegally, which none of them are. 

So you’re saying that any person who parks there daily on the pavement won’t be ticketed by the traffic controllers? I know that to be incorrect and certainly know of people who have been ticketed for parking there very recently. As have people parking in equally pedestrianized Nelson Street. It’s a pedestrianised area. That is an area for the primary use of pedestrians like all the other stupid areas you are voting to close to traffic. Same as the way nobody from DBC got ticketed for parking in the lane by the Rovers when you had parking banned to secure “emergency” access then DBC workers dumped their cars on it to park for free. You lot are the biggest bunch of freeloading hypocrites going.

Was the council meeting you were attending the one which voted to close more of the Quay to traffic? Can you confirm you and the other councillors have free parking in Shaws Brow just 100 yards away? 

Edited by The Port Soderick Herald
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

So you’re saying that any person who parks there daily on the pavement won’t be ticketed by the traffic controllers? I know that to be incorrect and certainly know of people who have been ticketed for parking there very recently. As have people parking in equally pedestrianized Nelson Street. It’s a pedestrianised area.

You realise roads is DOI and not DBC right? And yes, it’s completely legal to park there at the moment and has been for a long time. Nelson Street is a different matter. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Amadeus said:

You realise roads is DOI and not DBC right? And yes, it’s completely legal to park there at the moment and has been for a long time. Nelson Street is a different matter. 

Despite it being lazy inconsiderate parking in an openly pedestrian area members of the public have been ticketed for parking there. You are saying that if someone parked there for three or four hours tomorrow without displaying any form of DBC official pass on their windscreen they would not get a parking ticket? 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Amadeus said:

The new traffic order for this area is already in place. For some reason the DOI hasn’t managed to get the new signs up (it’s been months) so anyone can park there right now. Not that i have to. Councillors get free parking. 

So you know there is a traffic order in place but because there is no signage you decide to over ride the traffic order and park there because you know they can’t ticket you because you can claim ignorance because no signage!   You really are an arrogant little man and are an embarrassment to the people of Douglas. 

• Like 1