Banning traffic from towns

Broadcasterman

• 2 weeks later...

Stupid humans and their busy food market that supports local traders getting in the way of precious cars today. The council should do something about that… 

7DB511E0-C4CE-4E78-AFDD-BF045992C910.jpeg

24E3C2CA-1A42-4F98-8A8E-69A07A591893.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Definition of busy = about 20 people judging by that picture.

I was down there earlier, milling around whilst the child was in a singing class. Pretty busy and Street Kitchen was doing a decent trade in their rather lovely paella.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Stupid humans and their busy food market that supports local traders getting in the way of precious cars today. The council should do something about that… 

7DB511E0-C4CE-4E78-AFDD-BF045992C910.jpeg

24E3C2CA-1A42-4F98-8A8E-69A07A591893.jpeg

Why not on the prom walkway, or outside 1886?

PS.  It really wasn’t busy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, english zloty said:

Just move that shit into the 'city' square and reopen the road. It's really not difficult.

Or on that bit of road between the town hall and HSBC?  I understand you can leave anything there without consequences so it would be perfect.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

There just seems to be a hell of a lot of irrational effort and PR being applied by certain people to justify the closure of about 300 yards of road because closing the road was their great idea. The rest of the town is a tip but some people seem to have far too much time on their hands to try to make this look like it’s justification for their road closing fetish. I’d love to know what vetting of traders goes on too when you hear of some of the dodgy types they’ve had down there who will only take cash.  

Perhaps they don't have card facilities, yet. 

ETA the Camera Obscura only takes cash, are they dodgy? 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Perhaps they don't have card facilities, yet. 

I was asking a question because someone made an observation to me. Does anyone know what vetting they do before they give a pitch to a trader? This is an authority that even vets and licenses it’s buskers let’s remember. So my assumption would be that as part of selling someone a pitch they check that they’re actually a licensed business paying all due taxes etc and not some chancer looking for off the books income for the day.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I was asking a question because someone made an observation to me. Does anyone know what vetting they do before they give a pitch to a trader? This is an authority that even vets and licenses it’s buskers let’s remember. So my assumption would be that as part of selling someone a pitch they check that they’re actually a licensed business paying all due taxes etc and not some chancer looking for off the books income for the day.

That won’t be happening.

DBC not that organised 😂

• Haha 1