Banning traffic from towns

Broadcasterman

12 minutes ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

The messaging does seem to be very confused for the event. Come and experience all the local African, Indian and Malaysian produce on display. 

840E1F26-4C97-4787-AFD2-8DF5332F3E83.jpeg

Nothing I could say could better highlight what kind of person you are than your own words, so we'll just leave them here, shall we? 

1 minute ago, ADELE said:

I think the area of the Quay which has been pedestrianised is a great improvement.

Would you think the same of you were a longstanding ratepaying business in town who had been refused permission to put seats outside their premises, who was now watching the clown council help a handful of businesses on the quay?

5 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I usually have you on ignore but I really have to ask what is wrong with you? What causes this neverending, deep seated, irrational hatred of your fellow human beings? It doesn't matter what we do, you ALWAYS, without exception, are hostile towards it.

Before I answer your question can I ask have you ever read your own ceaselessly negative social media posts about anything concerning the Isle of Man? Even down to criticizing the painted lines on the airport carpark this afternoon? I’m sure you’ll agree that really in that context my posts here aren’t remotely negative at all. Neither am I hostile at all. I raised a question that was asked to me by a friend as to what background checks are done on traders before they are given a plot as one of the traders today apparently only took cash. I actually supported the council in saying that as you even vet buskers and street performers I would assume you must do checks on traders too to ensure they’re legitimate. So I was just asking the question. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

Before I answer your question can I ask have you ever read your own ceaselessly negative social media posts about anything concerning the Isle of Man? Even down to criticizing the painted lines on the airport carpark this afternoon? I’m sure you’ll agree that really in that context my posts here aren’t remotely negative at all. Neither am I hostile at all. I raised a question that was asked to me by a friend as to what background checks are done on traders before they are given a plot as one of the traders today apparently only took cash. I actually supported the council in saying that as you even vet buskers and street performers I would assume you must do checks on traders too to ensure they’re legitimate. So I was just asking the question. 

There is paperwork involved, yes. You can't just rock up and put a stand there.

Your posts are nothing but negative most of the time. If it's DBC, it's always negative if it comes from you. Sure, I highlight bad things from time to time, but also plenty of good things and I've provably brought millions in investment to the island, helped to create numerous jobs, and continue to advertise and sell the place on YouTube and in person all over the world. So forgive me when I point out things that are shit in the hope that publicity will help to fix them. It's hard enough to sell this island to investors without the clowns at the airport playing with paint while clients can't get here or I can't go to conferences. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

There is paperwork involved, yes. You can't just rock up and put a stand there.

Your posts are nothing but negative most of the time. If it's DBC, it's always negative if it comes from you. Sure, I highlight bad things from time to time, but also plenty of good things and I've provably brought millions in investment to the island, helped to create numerous jobs, and continue to advertise and sell the place on YouTube and in person all over the world. So forgive me when I point out things that are shit in the hope that publicity will help to fix them. It's hard enough to sell this island to investors without the clowns at the airport playing with paint while clients can't get here or I can't go to conferences. 

What checks do you do? Can you say as I’ll let my friend know.

I’ve also brought a lot of investment into the IOM over the years too. Is this a game of top trumps? If it is I’d point out that Manx Forums has almost no reach social media wise when it comes to influencing decisions whereas blasting all the negatives about the airport out on Twitter is picked up by people who are influential in making decisions on whether to look at the IOM or not. Arguably there’s more damage posting stuff to that audience than a few posts about how crap DBC are to the handful of people who might read this forum.

I thought it was a fair question to ask. If not then I’m sorry as I said I supported the fact that checks must be done given how pedantic you are over street performers. 

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Port Soderick Herald said:

I’m not a Manx crab Frank. I’m just wondering where we can buy this local Malaysian or African produce when the market isn’t on. It seems it’s quite a unique proposition. Are they Colby mangos? 

What do you reckon - DBC flying people/suppliers in for the food stalls? Are they staffing with their own ATC so they actually get here too?

Asthehills and Banker reveals the obvious fake Facebook account he’s been using for the last few years if you all swap over to IOM News & Politics. Geoff really hates teachers! He forgot to de link his trolling mates avatar from the link too. 

0E2FE663-968B-43D3-8D6A-B2845346D1B9.jpeg

Edited by Ronrico

5 hours ago, english zloty said:

Just move that shit into the 'city' square and reopen the road. It's really not difficult.

Actually it is because the land isn't owned by the Council or the Government, but by the property developer (who has failed to develop it, despite planning permissions, for the last 30 years).  The 'Town Square' was always supposed to be handed over as planning gain, but it never seems to have happened.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

I usually have you on ignore but I really have to ask what is wrong with you? What causes this neverending, deep seated, irrational hatred of your fellow human beings? It doesn't matter what we do, you ALWAYS, without exception, are hostile towards it. We could plant a money tree that drops 20 pound notes every five minutes and you'd complain that they're just 20s and not 50s. That's simply not normal. You're also dragging this place down with your constant hostility.

FWIW, the place was busy, numerous stands sold out, and yes, they did take card. Now before I block you again, explain to me how a handful of cars (that can easily drive elsewhere) driving through there is better use of that area than people enjoying a public space and traders making money? 

I don’t understand this putting other members on ignore or blocking them.

You can always ignore anyones published postings unless you don’t trust yourself not to respond.

If a third party responds to a posting from someone you have on ignore, how do you know the context of which they are posting?

I would be grateful if someone could explain this.

• Like 2

Oh, @Amadeus, Frank, the person equally responsible for “dragging this place down” is you. You really shouldn’t be responding to those posts, let alone moderating them. Yes, @Asthehills and @The Port Soderick Herald are annoying, but you are too precious about the council and anything it does. It’s not a paragon, in fact it’s pretty crap.

Suggest you undo the permanent bans you’ve just imposed, last night,  on both.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Oh, @Amadeus, Frank, the person equally responsible for “dragging this place down” is you. You really shouldn’t be responding to those posts, let alone moderating them. Yes, @Asthehills and @The Port Soderick Herald are annoying, but you are too precious about the council and anything it does. It’s not a paragon, in fact it’s pretty crap.

Suggest you undo the permanent bans you’ve just imposed, last night,  on both.

This is a long overdue sock puppet clearout. No wonder few new users register if the same old characters keep creating a toxic atmosphere. There comes a point when enough is enough.